The demand for natural food products is increasing among the health-conscious consumer. This has resulted in the tremendous growth of the global hydrocolloids market. Hydrocolloids function as binding agents, stabilizers, emulsifiers, thickeners, and gelling agents. The global market for hydrocolloids is expected to be valued at USD 8.3 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 5.8%. The food hydrocolloids market in Asia-Pacific is expected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2017.
The Asia-Pacific food hydrocolloids market is largely driven by the increased R&D and innovations in hydrocolloids. Consumer preference for natural ingredients and the varied applications of hydrocolloids in the food & beverage industry are some of the reasons for the uptick in demand. The changing consumer demographics in terms of lifestyle changes and growing working population, resulting in consumer demand for convenience and processed food, especially among the emerging nations, is an opportunity for manufacturers to adopt hydrocolloids. However, the market is mainly constrained by the demand and supply imbalances. Seasonal changes cause volatility in raw material pricing, thus raising costs for manufacturers. Despite restrains, the market sees huge potential for growth.
The Asia-Pacific food hydrocolloids market is segmented by type into gelatin, xanthan gum, starch, carrageenan, and others. Majority of the hydrocolloids require raw materials to be sourced from seaweed, plants, animals, and microorganisms. Hydrocolloids are used for a wide range of applications, such as bakery, confectionery, meat, poultry, beverage, and dairy and frozen products. Bakery and confectionery dominate the market share for hydrocolloids in Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region, followed by Europe for the period 2018-2023. Changing lifestyles of consumers and increasing awareness of nutritional food is driving the hydrocolloids market in developing countries, such as India and China. China dominates the hydrocolloids market, followed by India. The increasing population of these regions is driving the market. While the Japanese market for hydrocolloids is increasing due to the increasing demand for convenience food confectioneries, Australian consumers are demanding natural additives and the use of natural hydrocolloids. Indonesia and Thailand are the major sources of seaweed extracts, and unseasonal changes are resulting in demand-supply bottlenecks as hydrocolloid supply chain depends on sourcing of raw materials in its manufacturing process.
- February 2018 - TIC Gums is set to introduce the Simplistica line of ingredient systems at Engredea 2018, which will include optimized solutions from TIC Gums and parent company Ingredion, including hydrocolloids, starches, plant proteins, and sweeteners.
- March 2017 - DuPont acquired health and nutrition business of FMC in billion dollar food-crop swap.
- June 2016 - TIC Gums developed an “extensive portfolio” of hydrocolloid-based fiber solutions for formulators looking to increase the fiber content of fortified food & beverage.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview and Dynamics
3.2.1 Demand for Natural Hydrocolloids
3.2.2 Growing Processed Food Industry
3.2.3 Growing Innovations in Hydrocolloids Market
3.2.4 Wide Applications due to Varied Functionality
3.3.1 Raw Material Vulnerable to Seasonal Changes
3.3.2 Demand and Supply Imbalance
3.4.1 Increasing Demand for Convenience & Processed Food
3.4.2 Increasing Population in Asia-Pacific
3.4.3 Wider Acceptance of GSFA for Improved International Trade
3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Degree of Competition
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Threat of New Entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.2 Gelatin Gum
4.1.3 Xanthan Gum
4.2 By Application
4.2.2 Dairy and Frozen Products
4.2.3 Oils & Fats
4.2.5 Meat, Poultry, and Seafood Products
4.3 By Geography
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
5.3 New Product Developments and Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Behn Meyer
6.3 Cargill Inc.
6.4 CP Kelco
6.5 Darling Ingredients, Inc.
6.7 Hawkins Watts
6.9 J.F. Hydrocolloids
6.10 Kerry Group
6.11 Penford Corporation
6.12 Royal DSM
6.13 TIC Gums Corporation