The European food additive market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.5%, during the forecast period (2018-2023). A major push came to the natural additive market with the EU legislation. Regulation (EC) No. 1334/2008, which defined natural flavorings and processes to be used in the preparation of natural flavoring substances. The transition to natural ingredients is a convenient option to large food manufacturers as the economies of scale provide them flexibility.
Increased number of retailers, retail channels and formats are increasing consumer access to process and convenience foods, further increasing demand for food additives by the food & beverage industry in Europe. However, the several complexities are restricting the growth of food additives market in Europe. Russia defines a wide set of rules for the safety requirements of food additives requirements for production processing, storage, shipment, sales, and disposal of food additives.
By product type, the acidulants segment can be further segmented into citric acid, phosphoric acids, lactic acid, and others. Citric acid dominates the acidulants segment, followed by phosphoric acid owing to the increasing demand for additives of natural origin, especially in processed food & beverage products and cosmetic products. The emulsifier segment is expected to register a CAGR of 4.8% and by application in the emulsifier segment, dairy and frozen industry is anticipated to register highest growth rate. The region is expected to witness highest growth rate of 5.6 % in anti-caking agents segment, which can be further divided into sodium compounds, calcium compounds, and silicon dioxide compounds.
The countries, such as Germany, France, and the United Kingdom generate a large portion of these revenues, due to the rising awareness among consumers and producers, and use of additives in various industries, like bakery, confectionary, dairy, and meat products.
- March 2017 - Tate & Lyle partnered with Sweet Green Fields to develop and distribute new stevia ingredients globally. Sweet Green Fields already supplies more than 18 stevia ingredients and has its manufacturing facility in China.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1.1 Preservatives Market, By Product Type
184.108.40.206 Natural Antioxidants
4.1.2 Preservatives Market, By Application
4.1.3 Preservatives Market, By Geography
4.2.1 Sweeteners Market, By Type
220.127.116.11 Bulk Sweeteners
18.104.22.168.4 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
22.214.171.124.5 Others Bulk Sweeteners
126.96.36.199 Sugar Substitutes
4.2.2 Sweeteners Market, By Application Type
4.2.3 Sweeteners Market, By Geography
4.3.1 Emulsifiers Market, By Product Type
188.8.131.52 Mono- Glycerides, Di-Glycerides & Derivatives
184.108.40.206 Sorbitan Esters
4.3.2 Emulsifiers Market, By Application
4.3.3 Emulsifiers Market, By Geography
4.4 Anti-caking Agents
4.4.1 Anti-caking Agent Market, By Product Type
220.127.116.11 Calcium Compounds
18.104.22.168 Sodium Compounds
22.214.171.124 Silicon Dioxide
4.4.2 Anti-caking Agents Market, By Application
4.4.3 Anti-caking Agents Market, By Geography
4.5.1 Enzymes Market, By Type
4.5.2 Enzymes Market, By Application Type
4.5.3 Enzymes Market, By Geography
4.6.1 Hydrocolloids Market, By Type
126.96.36.199 Gelatin Gum
188.8.131.52 Xanthan Gum
4.6.2 Hydrocolloids Market, By Application Type
4.6.3 Hydrocolloids Market, By Geography
4.7 Food Flavors and Enhancers
4.7.1 Food Flavors & Flavor Enhancers Market, By Product Type
184.108.40.206 Natural Flavors
220.127.116.11 Synthetic Flavor
18.104.22.168 Flavor Enhancer
4.7.2 Food Flavors and Enhancers Market, By Application
4.7.3 Food Flavors and Enhancers Market, By Geography
4.8 Food Colorants
4.8.1 Food Colorants Market, By Type
22.214.171.124 Natural Food Colorants
126.96.36.199 Synthetic Food Colorants
4.8.2 Food Colorants Market, By Application
4.8.3 Food Colorants Market, By Geography
4.9.1 Acidulants Market, By Type
188.8.131.52 Citric Acid
184.108.40.206 Phosphoric Acid
220.127.116.11 Lactic Acid
4.9.2 Acidulants Market, By Application Type
4.9.3 Acidulants Market, By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
5.3 Key Developments in the Past Five Years.
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland
6.2 Associated British Foods
6.4 Cargill, Inc.
6.6 DD Williamson & Co Inc.
6.8 Dupont- Danisco
6.11 International Flavors and Fragrance
6.12 Tate & Lyle Plc.
6.13 Kerry Group
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Associated British Foods
- Cargill Inc.
- DD Williamson & Co Inc.
- Dupont- Danisco
- International Flavors and Fragrance
- Kerry Group
- Tate & Lyle Plc.