The South America food additive market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.8%, during the forecast period (2018-2023).
A rapidly rising population and greater levels of urbanization have boosted demand for processed food products in the region, thus driving the demand for food additive in South America. Food ingredient manufacturers are looking at developing markets of the region as a new market space and introducing products the consumers are not aware of. Currently, basic infrastructure facilities, such as food processing infrastructure, transportation, cold chain, and unreliable power supplies are growing, which are boosting the food processing and additives market. However, the several complexities are restricting the growth of food additives market in South America.
By type, the acidulants segment is still emerging in the region and is expected to register a CAGR of 7.9%, during the forecast period. The anti-caking agent segment was valued USD 178.7 million in 2015, and can be further segmented into calcium compounds, sodium compounds, and silicon dioxide.
In the emulsifier segment, the South American food additive market is dominated by Brazil, and Argentina while countries, like Chile, Uruguay, Peru, and Colombia lag behind in development. Brazil accounted for a share of 53% of the overall market revenues and Argentina occupied another 33%, in 2016.
By application in the preservatives segment, beverages segment led the market in the region, followed by meat, poultry & sea food products, and bakery.
Brazil and Argentina together accounted for major share in the South American food additive market, owing to improved economic stability and thus, increasing demand for processed food products. However, the other South American countries, such as Chile, Peru, Colombia, and Uruguay are also perceived to have better prospects in food additives market. The Brazil food additive market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
- February 2018 - Sensient Technologies announced its strategic acquisition of Peru based GlobeNatural Company owned natural color business. The step is perceived as an important component of “seed to shelf” strategy in food colors.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1.1 Preservatives Market, By Product Type
188.8.131.52 Natural Antioxidants
4.1.2 Preservatives Market, By Application
4.1.3 Preservatives Market, By Geography
4.2.1 Sweeteners Market, By Type
184.108.40.206 Bulk Sweeteners
220.127.116.11.4 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
18.104.22.168.5 Others Bulk Sweeteners
22.214.171.124 Sugar Substitutes
4.2.2 Sweeteners Market, By Application Type
4.2.3 Sweeteners Market, By Geography
4.3.1 Emulsifiers Market, By Product Type
126.96.36.199 Mono- Glycerides, Di-Glycerides & Derivatives
188.8.131.52 Sorbitan Esters
4.3.2 Emulsifiers Market, By Application
4.3.3 Emulsifiers Market, By Geography
4.4 Anti-caking Agents
4.4.1 Anti-caking Agent Market, By Product Type
184.108.40.206 Calcium Compounds
220.127.116.11 Sodium Compounds
18.104.22.168 Silicon Dioxide
4.4.2 Anti-caking Agents Market, By Application
4.4.3 Anti-caking Agents Market, By Geography
4.5.1 Enzymes Market, By Type
4.5.2 Enzymes Market, By Application Type
4.5.3 Enzymes Market, By Geography
4.6.1 Hydrocolloids Market, By Type
22.214.171.124 Gelatin Gum
126.96.36.199 Xanthan Gum
4.6.2 Hydrocolloids Market, By Application Type
4.6.3 Hydrocolloids Market, By Geography
4.7 Food Flavors and Enhancers
4.7.1 Food Flavors & Flavor Enhancers Market, By Product Type
188.8.131.52 Natural Flavors
184.108.40.206 Synthetic Flavor
220.127.116.11 Flavor Enhancer
4.7.2 Food Flavors and Enhancers Market, By Application
4.7.3 Food Flavors and Enhancers Market, By Geography
4.8 Food Colorants
4.8.1 Food Colorants Market, By Type
18.104.22.168 Natural Food Colorants
22.214.171.124 Synthetic Food Colorants
4.8.2 Food Colorants Market, By Application
4.8.3 Food Colorants Market, By Geography
4.9.1 Acidulants Market, By Type
126.96.36.199 Citric Acid
188.8.131.52 Phosphoric Acid
184.108.40.206 Lactic Acid
4.9.2 Acidulants Market, By Application Type
4.9.3 Acidulants Market, By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
5.3 Key Developments in the Past Five Years.
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland
6.2 Associated British Foods
6.4 Cargill, Inc.
6.6 DD Williamson & Co Inc.
6.8 Dupont- Danisco
6.11 International Flavors and Fragrance
6.12 Tate & Lyle Plc.
6.13 Kerry Group
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Associated British Foods
- Cargill Inc.
- CorbionPurac,DD Williamson & Co Inc.
- Dupont- Danisco
- International Flavors and Fragrance
- Kao Corp
- Kerry Group
- Sensient Technologies
- Stevia First Corporation
- Tate & Lyle Plc.