The Asia-Pacific RTD coffee market is expected to be valued at USD 2.42 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.5% and mature into a USD 2.87 billion market by 2023. It is a recently developed concept wherein the beverage is sold in a convenient, directly consumable form. Despite being marketed as a young and urban phenomenon, RTD consumers can be from almost all demographic segments.
The instant nature and convenience offered by RTD coffee are important drivers. The nature of the product makes it a highly trend-driven market, and as such, a certain element of innovation is constantly in demand. Regarding the major access points, iced products with longer shelf life provide major opportunities, along with liquid coffee concentrates and frozen concentrates. The latter holds importance for bulk buyers, such as restaurants and offices. The major constraint for the market is in adapting to regional tastes and preferences. Specific regions, where consumers are habituated to hot or freshly ground coffee, take a considerable time and reluctance in adapting to the new tastes. Extensive marketing and use of locally sourced products are essential in countering this perception.
The Asia-Pacific RTD Coffee market is segmented based on ingredient type, packaging mode, sales channels, and geography. Convenience stores, supermarkets, and mass sellers are the major sales and distribution networks. Considering the volume dependent nature of the market, availability of the products is a major market determinant. This factor is further amplified in the case of emerging countries, which lack a fully developed distribution network. The supermarket shelves and vending machines gain prominence in this regard. Both these access points make soft drink manufacturers, the ideal distribution partners, and dominant market players. This phenomenon can be clearly observed in the long-standing partnership between PepsiCo and Starbucks. Despite the portfolio strength of Starbucks, the distribution network offered by Pepsi is crucial for an adequate market penetration. This distribution related facet of the industry offers a significant challenge to new and small players.
Based on geography, the emerging markets of Asia-Pacific present a very high volume potential. Japan occupies the leading position here followed by Australia, China, and India. The region is expected to witness to high growth rate during the forecast period.
- October 2016 - Ajinomoto Co., Inc. acquired the trademarks that are currently licensed to Ajinomoto General Foods, Inc. and other rights including Blendy® and MAXIM® from a group company of Jacobs Douwe Egberts B.V. for EUR 225 million.
- April 2015 - Asahi Group Holdings Southeast Asia Pte. Ltd. (Asahi) opened a plant in Sukabumi, Indonesia, with a total investment of USD 54.3 million. The plant was expected to produce bottled tea Ichi Ocha and bottled coffee Cafela as its flagship products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Trend of Health Awareness
4.1.2 Combination of RTD Coffee with Energy Drinks
4.1.3 Rising Income in Developing Countries
4.2.1 Increasing Cost of Raw Materials
4.2.2 Rising Consumption of Freshly Ground Coffee
4.3.1 Targeting New Consumer
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Ingredients Type
5.1.3 Yerba Mate
5.1.5 Vitamin B
5.1.6 Acai Berry
5.2 By Packaging
5.2.1 Bottles (Glass & Pet)
5.3 By Sales Channel
5.3.1 Convenience stores
5.3.3 Mass merchandisers
5.3.4 Drug stores
5.3.5 Food services/ Sports nutrition chain
5.4 By Geography
126.96.36.199 Rest of APAC
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
7.2 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
7.4 Coco-Cola Company
7.5 Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
7.6 Dunkin Brands Group
7.7 Ferolito Vultaggio & Sons
7.8 Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
7.9 Japan Tobacco Inc.
7.10 Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co.
7.11 Monster Beverage Co.
7.12 Pepsico Inc.
7.13 Pokka Group
7.14 San Benedetto
7.15 Starbucks Corporation
- Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
- Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
- Coco-Cola Company
- Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
- Dunkin Brands Group
- Ferolito Vultaggio & Sons
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co.
- Monster Beverage Co.
- Pepsico Inc
- Pokka Group
- San Benedetto
- Starbucks Corporation