This Oil and Gas TOE profiles innovations used in oil & gas encapsulation, pipeline insulation, biosensing and sealing operations with use of self-healing technologies. Use of chromium-free hybrid coating that can be applied on metals to prevent corrosion, a thermal cracking and hydrodynamic cavitation process that can reduce viscosity of heavy oils without modifying its composition are also covered. A polymer aerogel that can provide immense momentum to pipeline insulation and a sustainable process to convert mixed plastics into crude oil have also been presented.
The Oil and Gas TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on innovations pertaining to technologies, products, and processes, along with strategic insights, in the upstream and downstream processes in the oil and gas industry.
The Energy and Utilities cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Table of Contents
1. Advances in Oil & Gas Encapsulation, Pipeline Insulation, Bacterio-sensors, Self-healing Sealants, Barrier Coatings, Oil & Gas Transportation, and Crude Oil Production
- Technology Advancements in the Oil and Gas Industry
- An Encapsulation Carrier Material to Transport Complex Oil Chemistries on Field
- Polymer Aerogel To Improve Insulation for Deep-Sea Pipe-in-Pipe Oil and Gas Pipelines
- Repairing Adhesive That Can Bond Dissimilar Substrates at High Temperatures
- Sensor Made of Bacteria That Could Instantly Detect Hydrocarbon Leaks
- Glass Fiber-reinforced Composite To Offer Mechanical Integrity to Oil & Gas Drilling Applications
- Self-healing Sealant System that Enhances Long-term Zonal Isolation of the Oil Well
- Chromium-free Hybrid Barrier Coating for Metals and Alloys that Can be Used in Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Visco-elastic Adhesive System that can be Used for Corrosion Protection of Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Technology that Reduces Viscosity of Heavy Oils Without Any Change in Chemical Composition
- Technology that Transforms Mixed Plastics to Crude Oil