This Microelectronics TOE profiles advancements in wireless charging and advanced display technologies. Innovations include magnetic resonance-based wireless charging for electric vehicles, a novel deposition process to grow GaN onto a substrate to produce Micro-LEDs, a high-performance MOCVD reactor for GaN-on-Si technology, wavy-channel thin-film transistors for ultra-high resolution flexible displays, and holographic heads-up display with large eye box.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory.
1. Advancements in Wireless Charging and Advanced Display Technologies
- Innovations in Wireless Charging and Advanced Display Technologies
- Magnetic Resonance-based Wireless Charging for Electric Vehicles
- Novel Deposition Process to Grow GaN onto a Substrate to Produce Micro-LEDs
- High-performance MOCVD Reactor for GaN-on-Si Technology
- Wavy-Channel Thin-film Transistors for Ultra-high Resolution Flexible Displays
- Holographic Heads-up Display with Large Eye Box
- Industry Contacts