A comprehensive guide to smart materials and how they are used in sample preparation, analytical processes, and applications
This comprehensive, two–volume handbook provides detailed information on the present state of new materials tailored for selective sample preparation and the legal frame and environmental side effects of the use of smart materials for sample preparation in analytical chemistry, as well as their use in the analytical processes and applications. It covers both methodological and applied analytical aspects, relating to the development and application of new materials for solid–phase extraction (SPE) and solid–phase microextraction (SPME), their use in the different steps and techniques of the analytical process, and their application in specific fields such as water, food, air, pharmaceuticals, clinical sciences and forensics.
Every chapter in Handbook of Smart Materials in Analytical Chemistry is written by experts in the field to provide a comprehensive picture of the present state of this key area of analytical sciences and to summarize current applications and research literature in a critical way. Volume 1 covers New Materials for Sample Preparation and Analysis. Volume 2 handles Analytical Processes and Applications.
- Focuses on the development and applications of smart materials in analytical chemistry
- Covers both, methodological and applied analytical aspects, for the development of new materials and their use in the different steps and techniques of the analytical process and their application in specific fields
- Features applications in key areas including water, air, environment, pharma, food, forensic, and clinical
- Presents the available tools for the use of new materials suitable to aid recognition process to the sample preparation and analysis
- A key resource for analytical chemists, applied laboratories, and instrument companies
Handbook of Smart Materials in Analytical Chemistry, 2V Set is an excellent reference book for specialists and advanced students in the areas of analytical chemistry, including both research and application environments.