Oil & Gas in Algeria industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Algeria oil & gas market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The Algerian oil & gas market had total revenues of $13.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -9.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 433 million barrels of oil equivalent in 2017.
- Algeria's main domestic consumption for power is natural gas, and trends towards resource nationalism sees state providers Sonatrach (exploration) and Sonelgaz (utilities) subsidize prices locally. The government initiated subsidy reforms in 2016 by increasing the prices of fuel, natural gas, and electricity for the first time since 2005. The 2017 budget law raised fuel prices further, and the government plans to deepen subsidy reform while introducing a targeted cash transfer system to protect the most vulnerable.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the oil & gas market in Algeria
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the oil & gas market in Algeria
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Algeria oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- What was the size of the Algeria oil & gas market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Algeria oil & gas market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Algeria oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Algeria's oil & gas market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Entreprise Tunisienne d'Activites Petroliere
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Algeria oil & gas market value: $ billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Algeria oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Table 3: Algeria oil & gas market category segmentation: $ billion, 2017
Table 4: Algeria oil & gas market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017
Table 5: Algeria oil & gas market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Algeria oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Table 7: Entreprise Tunisienne d'Activites Petroliere: key facts
Table 8: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 9: OAO Gazprom: key financials ($)
Table 10: OAO Gazprom: key financials (RUB)
Table 11: OAO Gazprom: key financial ratios
Table 12: Sonatrach SPA: key facts
Table 13: Sonelgaz Spa: key facts
Table 14: Algeria size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: Algeria gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Algeria gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Algeria inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: Algeria consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: Algeria exchange rate, 2017-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Algeria oil & gas market value: $ billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Algeria oil & gas market volume: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2013-17
Figure 3: Algeria oil & gas market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Algeria oil & gas market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Algeria oil & gas market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Algeria oil & gas market volume forecast: million barrels of oil equivalent, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the oil & gas market in Algeria, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the oil & gas market in Algeria, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the oil & gas market in Algeria, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the oil & gas market in Algeria, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the oil & gas market in Algeria, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the oil & gas market in Algeria, 2017
Figure 13: OAO Gazprom: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: OAO Gazprom: assets & liabilities