The study "Sofa market in Europe" analyses the upholstered furniture market in 30 European countries providing data on production, consumption, imports and exports of upholstered furniture and an analysis of both the competitive system and the supply structure. Company information and business performances for the top European manufacturers in the sofa segment are included.
The report also provides short term forecasts for upholstered furniture production and consumption.
This edition has broadened for the first time an analysis of the upholstered furniture market to 30 European countries and for the second time, contains a focus on the Recliner sofas industry.
This report is the result of:
- over 200 direct interviews with leading upholstery companies and key testimonials, conducted both via an online survey and face-to-face interviews.
- processing of macroeconomic and sector statistics from 2012 to 2017, extending also to 2018-2019 forecasts macroeconomic indicators
- analysis of sector documentation from the publisher's databases, which were created in 1980 and have been updated annually.
- 2018-2019 production and consumption forecasts are the result of the publisher's econometric model. Adjustments have been then taken on the basis of the interviews with panel of experts and operators in the segment
The report is structured as follows:
An executive summary provides a complete and detailed presentation of the upholstered furniture sector in Europe, looking at market trends and structure and at the competitive system with an independent assessment of the sector’s performance and prospects for the coming years.
Chapter I Basic data. Production, consumption and trade, providing an overview of the European upholstered furniture industry and market through updated statistics and through tables, graphs and maps for Europe as a whole and for each country. The data are given both in value and in volume.
Chapter II The competitive system for European sofas provides rankings of the major European sofa manufacturers, company shares of total upholstery production, breakdown of company turnover by product specialization, plant location, employees, major European sofa exporters. The chapter also provides detailed profiles of 15 of the top European players.
Chapter III European sofa supply offers an analysis of the types of products manufactured by European upholstered furniture manufacturers, with tables and information on the actors operating in each segment: by price range (economic, middle, upper), covering material (leather, fabric, other materials including artificial leather), and destination (residential/contract)
Chapter IV The recliner sofa industry in Europe focuses on the motion/recliner upholstered furniture industry in Europe, by estimating the European production in this segment by country and investigating the main characteristics of the supply, type of mechanisms (manual – power), number of seats (sofas – chairs), covering materials, and price. Tables show the main European players’ shares of motion supply, short profiles of the main extra-European manufacturers in the segment are also provided, along with a list of suppliers of recliner mechanisms.
Chapter V Analysis by country, a report is provided for each upholstered furniture producing country detailing: country ranking at world and European level, basic segment data 2012-2017, data for production and consumption in value and volume, imports and exports by country and geographical area. For the major European countries, the chapter offers an analysis of the type of products manufactured by European upholstered furniture firms, with tables and information on the actors operating in each segment: price range (economic, middle, upper), covering material (leather, fabric, other materials including artificial leather), destination (residential/contract); the report provides a supply structure analysis (price range, covering material, residential/contract) and motion/stationary distinction and a ranking of the major local sofa manufacturers by upholstered furniture turnover.
Annex Directories of the manufacturing companies mentioned provide full contact information for each company mentioned in this Report.
1. Introduction, Methodological Notes And Tools
2. Executive Summary
3. The European Market For Upholstered Furniture
- Production, Consumption, Imports And Exports Of Upholstered Furniture In Europe. Values, Units And Analysis By Country
- Future Perspectives In The European Production And Consumption Of Upholstered Furniture To 2019
4. The Competitive System
- Business Performance Of The Top Upholstered Furniture Producers In Europe
- Top Exporters
- Profiles Of Top Manufacturers
5. The Supply System
- Type Of Coverings
- Fabric, Leather And Other Materials Upholstery Produced In A Group Of Selected Companies
- Price Ranges
- Residential And Contract Market
- Upholstered Furniture Sales For The Contract Market In A Sample Of Companies
6. Focus On: Recliner/Motion Sofas
- Production Of Recliners Vs Stationary Sofas
- Values And Volume Of Recliner Sofas Produced By Country
- Top Manufacturers
- Total Production In A Selection Of Companies
- Company Profile Of Main Players
- Features Of The Recliner/Motion Upholstered Furniture Supply
- Number Of Seats
- Type Of Mechanisms
- Additional Features In The Product Portfolio
- Retail Price Positioning Of A Group Of Selected Companies
- Top Extra-European Recliner Sofas Manufacturers
- Top Mechanisms Suppliers