Circular Economy in Textiles and Apparel: Processing, Manufacturing, and Design is the first book to provide guidance on this subject, presenting the tools for implementing this paradigm and their impact on textile production methods. Sustainable business strategies are also covered, as are new design methods that can help in the reduction of waste. Drawing on contributions from leading experts in industry and academia, this book covers every aspect of this increasingly important subject and speculates on future developments.
- Provides case studies on the circular economy in operation in the textiles industry
- Identifies challenges to implementation and areas where more research is needed
- Draws on both industrial innovation and academic research to explain an emerging topic with the potential to entirely change the way we make and use clothing
- Introduction and the Concept of Circular Economy
- Circular Fashion
- Tools for circular economy: review and some potential applications for the Philippine textile industry
- 3R's and Circular Economy
- Upcycled and low-cost sustainable business for value-added textiles and fashion
- Circular economy: a necessary (r)evolution
- Sustainable Business Strategies and Circular Economy
- Systems and models for circular economy
- Circular economy in textiles and fashion
the role of a consumer
- Future for Circular Economy
Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu is Eco-Design Consultant at SGS Hong Kong Limited. He completed his doctoral research study at the Institute of Textiles and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.