Nanotechnology in Water and Waste Water Treatment: Theory and Applications explores the unique physicochemical and surface properties of nanoparticles and highlights the advantages they provide for engineering applications. Applications covered include the generation of fresh water from surface water and seawater, the prevention of the contamination of the environment, and the creation of effective and efficient methods for remediation of polluted waters. Each chapter covers a different nanotechnology-based approach and examines the basic principles, practical applications, recent breakthroughs and associated limitations. This book is ideal for researchers and professionals in the fields of nanotechnology, water treatment and desalination.
In addition, it is also ideal for postgraduate students, industry and government professionals, managers and policymakers.
- Gathers together the latest research and developments in the field from journal articles and conference proceedings
- Discusses and evaluates the most economical and low cost treatment technologies
- Presents information from related fields on the applicability, strengths and weaknesses of particular nanomaterials in key applications, thus allowing for the continuation and expansion of research in a range of fields
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Principles and Mechanism of Adsorption for the Effective Treatment of Palm Oil Mill Effluent for Water Reuse
- Locally Derived Activated Carbon From Domestic, Agricultural and Industrial Wastes for the Treatment of Palm Oil Mill Effluent
- Nanoparticles as a Powerful Tool for Membrane Pore Size Determination and Mercury Removal
- Overview of Potential Applications of Nano-Biotechnology in Wastewater and Effluent Treatment
- Applications of Emerging Nanomaterials for Oily Wastewater Treatment
- Comparative Impact Assessment of TiO2 and ZnO Nanoparticles to Rocket (Eruca sativa L) Plant
- Photocatalytic Decolorization of Two Remazol Dyes Using TiO2 Impregnated Pumice Composite as Catalyst
- Application of Nanomaterials for the Removal of Heavy Metal From Wastewater
- Application of Nanoparticles for Disinfection and Microbial Control of Water and Wastewater
- Forward Osmosis (FO) for Removal of Heavy Metals
- Nanoparticles Enhanced Coagulation of Biologically Digested Leachate
- Chitosan Nanocomposite Application in Wastewater Treatments
- Application of Semiconductor Nanoparticles for Removal of Organic Pollutants or Dyes From Wastewater
- Nanofiltration Membrane Technology Providing Quality Drinking Water
- Application and Future Prospects of Reverse Osmosis Process
- Nanoengineered Materials for Water and Wastewater Treatments
- Nanotechnology Based Solutions for Wastewater Treatment
Associate Professor Amimul Ahsan has nearly 15 years research, teaching, and industry experience. He has published extensively in water and environmental engineering, including 9 books, 16 book chapters, and over 125 journal articles. He has received 14 international awards, including "Who's Who in the World 2015, "Leading Engineers of the World 2013, and the "Vice Chancellor Fellowship Award (Science and Technology) from Sultan Selangor (Chancellor, UPM) in 2015. He is editor-in-chief of five journals in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Malaysia, and founder of the Journal of Desalination and Water Purification and the Journal of Advanced Civil Engineering Practice and Research. He is involved with several collaborative research projects globally and has a Scopus h-index of 22.
He was a former faculty member of the Department of Civil Engineering and key researcher at the Institute of Advanced Technology (ITMA), University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia.
Ismail, Ahmad Fauzi
Ahmad Fauzi Ismail is the Founding Director of Advanced Membrane Technology Research Center (AMTEC), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). He earned a Bachelor of Engineering in Petroleum Engineering (1989) and a Master in Chemical Engineering (1992) at the UTM, Malaysia. He earned a Ph.D in 1997 from University of Strathclyde, UK. He has more than 25 years of experience in the development of membrane technology for various applications. He has published more than 450 scientific papers, 6 books, 3 edited books and more than 40 book chapters. He has won many outstanding awards such as the Merdeka Award 2014, IChemE Malaysia Inventor of the Year Awards 2014 and the Malaysian Toray Science and Technology Award 2014. He is a Fellow of The Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Chartered Engineer in the UK (CEng) and a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (FIChemE).