Underground Engineering: Planning, Design, Construction and Operation of the Underground Space provides the author's vast experience as both an academic and practitioner. It covers Planning, Design, Construction and the Operation of Underground Structures. Targeted at young professionals, students and researchers new to the field, the book contains examples, illustrations and cases from diverse underground uses, from roads to disposal facilities. Sections cover the history of the field, upcoming challenges, the planning stage of the subsurface use, including financial planning and reliability forecasting, site investigation, instrumentation and modeling, construction techniques and challenges, and more.
Young professionals in this area will benefit from the updated and complete overview of Underground Engineering. Students will find the examples and cases particularly didactic. Richly illustrated, this book is an excellent resource for all involved in the development of the underground space.
- Offers a complete introduction to the area, including planning, design, construction and the operation of underground structures
- Assumes little previous knowledge from readers
- Presents the most recent techniques and future technical trends
- Richly illustrated and packed with examples to help readers understand the fundamentals of the area
2. Planning the Use of the Subsurface
3. Design of Underground Structures
4. Underground Constructions
5. Project Management in Underground Engineering
6. Operation System in Underground Engineering
7. Disasters and Protection in Underground Engineering
Prof. Bai Yun is specialized in the underground structure design and construction. He also has rich experience in overseas underground engineering projects and has delivered key note speeches in Denmark, Korea, Switzerland, Prague, etc.