Functionalized Graphene Nanocomposites and Their Derivatives: Synthesis, Processing and Applications explains how the functionalization technique is used to create graphene nanocomposites, also exploring its current uses in industrial applications. Graphene-based nanocomposites are one of the major advancements in polymer-based materials, thus the synthesis, nanoscale dimensions, high aspect ratio, mechanical, electrical and thermal properties of graphene and its derivative have all been major areas of research in the last decade. This important reference covers these updates and is a critical book for those working in the fields of materials processing and characterization.
- Explains how graphene is functionalized and used in the fabrication of nanocomposites for a range of applications
- Explores why the properties of functionalized graphene make it such a useful, versatile material
- Describes, in detail, the functionalization process for utilization in graphene
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Functionalized Graphene by radical reactions and electrophilic addition and polymeric matrices based nanocomposites: Mechanical and thermal properties
3. Functionalized graphene and thermoset matrices based nanocomposites: Mechanical and thermal properties
4. Functionalized Graphene nanocomposites in Air Filtration applications
5. Functionalized Graphene nanocomposites for water treatment
6. Functionalized Graphene based Nanocomposites for Biomedical applications: drug delivery
7. Rheological properties of functionalized graphene and polymeric matrices based nanocomposites
8. Functionalized graphene reinforced foam polymeric matrices: processing and applications
9. Functionalized graphene aerogel: Structural and morphological properties and applications
10. Comparison between Functionalized graphene and carbon nanotube: Effect of morphology and surface group on mechanical, electrical and thermal properties of nanocomposites
11. Functionalized Graphene and Montmorillonite based Hybrid nanocomposites: effect of hybridization on mechanical, thermal and rheological properties
12. Functionalized Graphene based nanocomposites for Energy applications
13. Functionalized Graphene Nanocomposites: effect on structural and functional applications
14. Electronic applications of Functionalized Graphene Nanocomposites
15. Effects of specific surface area, defects, presence of porous, and type of functional groups
16. Metal oxide-Graphene and Metal-graphene nanocomposites for Energy and Environment
17. Functionalized Graphene Nanocomposites in Gas sensing
18. Functionalized Graphene for Chemical sensing applications
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Rachid Bouhfid is Senior Researcher, Moroccan Foundation for Advance Science, Innovation and Research, Morocco. His research is mainly in the field of organic synthesis of new amphiphilic molecules in order to use as modifier of inorganic fillers and the development of new polymeric nanocomposites based on clay and nanoclay, graphene and nanocellulose.
Kacem Qaiss, Abou el
Abou el kacem Qaiss is Director of polymer processing Laboratory, Institute of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (Nanotech), Rabat, Morocco. His area of research interests includes Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends.