Sustainable Meat Production and Processing presents current solutions to promote industrial sustainability and best practices in meat production, from postharvest to consumption. The book acts as a guide for meat and animal scientists, technologists, engineers, professionals and producers. The 12 most trending topics of sustainable meat processing and meat by-products management are included, as are advances in ingredient and processing systems for meat products, techno-functional ingredients for meat products, protein recovery from meat processing by-products, applications of blood proteins, artificial meat production, possible uses of processed slaughter co-products, and environmental considerations.
Finally, the book covers the preferred technologies for sustainable meat production, natural antioxidants as additives in meat products, and facilitators and barriers for foods containing meat co-products.
- Analyzes the role of novel technologies for sustainable meat processing
- Covers how to maintain sustainability and achieve high levels of meat quality and safety
- Presents solutions to improve productivity and environmental sustainability
- Takes a proteomic approach to characterize the biochemistry of meat quality defects
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Practical Agricultural and Animal Welfare Sustainability 2. Production strategies and processing systems of meat 3. Techno-functional ingredients for meat products: current challenges 4. Proteins recovery from meat processing co-products 5. Blood Proteins as Functional Ingredients 6. Plant-based meat analogues 7. Membrane technology for the recovery of high-added value compounds from meat processing co-products 8. Possible uses of processed slaughter by-products 9. Packaging sustainability in the meat industry 10. Emerging Technologies of Meat Processing 11. Natural antioxidants in fresh and processed meat 12. Facilitators and barriers for foods containing meat co-products
Dr. Galanakis is a dynamic and interdisciplinary scientist with a fast-expanding work that balances between food and environment, industry and academia. His research targets mainly the separation and recovery of functional macro- and micro-molecules from different food by-products, as well as their implementation as additives in food and other products. He is the research & innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories (Chania, Greece) and the coordinator of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association (Vienna, Austria). He serves as an editorial board member and subject editor of Food and Bioproducts Processing and Food Research International, whereas he has published dozens research articles, reviews, monographs and conference proceedings. He has edited 4 books entitled "Food Waste Recovery" (Academic Press, 2015), "Innovation Strategies in the Food Industry" (Academic Press, 2016), "Nutraceutical and Functional Food Components (Academic Press, 2017) and "Olive Mill Waste (Academic Press, 2017).
Follow Dr. Galanakis via Twitter, LinkedIn, ResearchGate or Blog. Join his open discussion forums at the Food Waste Recovery & Innovation 2020 LinkedIn group or the Food Waste Recovery FB Page.