Synthesis, Technology and Applications of Carbon Nanomaterials explores the chemical properties of different classes of carbon nanomaterials and their major applications. As carbon nanomaterials are used for a variety of applications due to their versatile properties and characteristics, this book discusses recent advances in synthesis methods, characterization, and applications of 0D -3D dimensional carbon nanomaterials. It is an essential resource for readers focusing on carbon nanomaterials research.
- Explores the chemical properties of different classes of carbon nanomaterials and their major applications
- Discusses recent advances in synthesis methods, characterization, and applications of 0D -3D dimensional carbon nanomaterials
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Synthesis of carbon nanomaterials using catalytic chemical vapor deposition technique
- Carbon nanotube hybrids and their polymer nanocomposites
- Synthesis of carbon nanotube-cotton superfiber materials
- Recent development on the synthesis techniques and properties of graphene derivatives
- Natural biomass as carbon sources for the synthesis of photoluminescent carbon dots
- Carbon nanotubes as biological transporters and tissue engineering scaffolds
- Functionalization of graphene for nanodelivery of drugs
- Functionalization of graphene oxide via gamma-ray irradiation for hydrophobic materials
- Carbon nanotubes and graphene for sensor technology
- Carbon nanotubes and graphene oxide applications in optochemical sensors
- Applications of nanotechnology and carbon nanoparticles in agriculture
- Activated carbon for supercapacitors
- Activated carbon for shape-stabilized phase change material
Currently holds the position of Head for the Materials and Processing Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology (ITMA) and Associate Professor at the Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia. Her research interests revolve around synthesis, processing and characterization of various nanomaterials namely carbon nanostructures. Her research has also extended into use of nanomaterials for a variety of applications such as high performance nanocomposites (polymers and concrete), supercapacitors, nanosensors and more recently nanoagriculture.
Raja Othman, Raja Nor Izawati
Senior Lecturer at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM), Malaysia. Her field of specialization is synthesis and application of carbon nanostructured materials and functional polymer nanocomposites. Currently, she holds a position as Research Fellow for Nanomaterials at the Centre for Defence Research and Technology, UPNM.
Hussein, Mohd Zobir
Currently holds the position as Professor and Research Fellow for Nanomaterials at the Materials Synthesis and Characterization Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology (ITMA), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia. He and his research group focus their research works on nanomedicine, especially for theranostics delivery systems, nanomaterials for thermal energy storage and agronanochemicals. His group also works on nanomaterials for green, comfortable building applications by core-shell nano-encapsulation approach for thermal energy storage using phase change materials as the core and polymer or activated carbon pores as the shape stabilizing agents.