- Defines the life cycle of drugs
- Explains the physico-chemical properties, consequences of a drug
- Studies the fundamental concepts of medicinal chemistry
- Describes the active ingredient monographs
1. Medicines and Drugs 2. Importance and Evaluation of the pKa 3. Importance and Evaluation of Lipophilicity 4. Importance and Evaluation of Solubility 5. Importance and Evaluation of the Polar Surface Area (PSA and TPSA) 6. Lipinski's Rule of Five 7. Principle of a Prodrug 8. Pharmacophore 9. The European Pharmacopoeia
Roland Barret is a Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, Laboratory of Therapeutic Chemistry, ISPBL at the University "Claude Bernard Lyon".
He began his university studies in October 1968 at the Faculty of Sciences of Lyon where he obtained a master's degree in organic chemistry in 1973 and a diploma of advanced studies in organic chemistry. In 1984, in parallel with his teaching activities at the Faculty of Pharmacy of Lyon and his research activities, he studied pharmacy and obtained the title of pharmacist in 1984 and a second diploma of graduate studies in therapeutic chemistry. He defended my doctoral thesis in Pharmaceutical Sciences in 1987.
From 2010 to 2017, he participated in the creation of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (Viet Nam) where he taught Therapeutic Chemistry at the Master of Science Pharmaceutics and Technology every year during regular teaching assignments.
He is the author of 70 scientific publications on different themes