Written by new international editors and contributors, this pocketbook provides quick and easy access to essential clinical information.
- Pocketbook size for when out on clinical placement or working in clinical practice
- Revised and brand new chapters on neurological rehabilitation and essential components
- Concentrates on the six most common conditions, including stroke, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury
- Use of case studies to illustrate specifics of assessment, management and recommended measurement tools
Together with the textbook Physical Management for Neurological Conditions 4E, it presents all essential components and conditions for undergraduates and therapists working in neurological clinical practice.
1. Guiding principles of neurorehabilitation
2. Motor control: structure & function of the nervous system
3. Motor training
4. Neurological assessment
5. Clinical Neurology & Neurological Investigations
6. Management of Common Neurological Impairments, and their impact on activity.
7. Respiratory management
Section 2. Management of common clinical problems: precis from physical management book
9. Traumatic brain Injury
10. Spinal cord injury
11. Multiple sclerosis
12. Parkinson's disease
13. Guillain barre syndrome
Verheyden, Geert Assistant Professor - Research Group for Neuromotor Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven (Heverlee), Belgium; Visiting Research Fellow, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK; Editor-in-Chief, Physiotherapy Research International.
Ramdharry, Gita Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education, Kingston University and St George's, University of London, London, UK.