This is the first book of a series aiming at setting the basics for energy engineering. This book presents the fundamentals of heat and mass transfer with a step–by–step approach, based on material and energy balances.
While the topic of heat and mass transfer is an old subject, the way the book introduces the concepts, linking them strongly to the real world and to the present concerns, is particular. The scope of the different developments keeps in mind a practical energy engineering view.
1. Transfer Techniques and Role of the Engineer
2. Basics and Balance Sheets
3. Mechanisms and Laws of Thermal Transfers
4. Mechanisms and Processes of Transfer of Matter
5. Dimensional Analysis
6. Fundamental Equations and Conduction Applications
7. Convection Thermal Transfer
8. Radiation Heat Transfers
9. Material Transfer Laws in Single–Phase Media
10. Second Fick′s Law, Macroscopic Balances
11. Estimation of Physical Data