The global Omega3 PUFA market will stand at approximately USD 17.9 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 18.7 billion by 2023 witnessing a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. The Asia-Pacific omega3 PUFA market is the second major market globally and is expected to register a high growth rate in all applications.
Omega3 PUFA is widely used by the food industry in various product applications such as infant nutrition and women nutrition products, as well as, by the pharmaceutical and animal and pet food industry. Infant formula product application is the major market in the region, followed by dietary supplements, and fortified food & beverage.
The major drivers for Asia-Pacific Omega3 PUFA market are the increase in demand for infant food applications of Omega3 PUFA, increase fortification in food products, growing consumer health awareness, increased cases of heart disease, and innovation in new product developments by industries. New abundant raw material sources such as krill and algae are giving an opportunity for larger industrial production. The increased birth rate in countries, like China and Japan, have increased the application market of infant formula products fortified with Omega3 PUFA. Also, the underdeveloped regulatory environment in most of the countries is responsible for the wider acceptance of products in the market. High production cost and fluctuations in raw materials, such as fish are the restraints for the Omega3 PUFA market. Low consumer awareness of nutritional benefits of PUFA and DHA is also affecting the market.
By application, the Asia-Pacific market for Omega3 PUFA is segmented into food, dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, and animal and pet nutrition. The food application market is divided into infant nutrition and fortified food & beverage products, of which infant nutrition has the major share in the market. The market segmentation according to the type of Omega3 PUFA is divided into ALA, DHA, and EPA. The market segmentation on the type of source includes marine or animal source and plant source.
- January 2018 - The United States agri-business giant worked with German chemical group BASF, to develop a strain of engineered canola seed that can produce Omega3 long chain fatty acids.
- June 2017 - Cargill and BASF developed a renewable, plant-based source of Omega3 fatty acids, canola oil. This innovative solution was used to develop more nutritional, economical products, and also provided relief from the pressure on the wild caught fish population.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 Health Benefits of Omega3 PUFA
126.96.36.199 Increased Application in Infant Formula Products in Countries such as China, Japan, India
188.8.131.52 Emerging Pet Food Nutrition Market
184.108.40.206 Innovation in Technology
220.127.116.11 Non Developed Regulatory Environment and High Acceptance of Product in Market
18.104.22.168 Low Consumer Awareness about the Benefits of Omega3 PUFA
22.214.171.124 High Production Cost
126.96.36.199 Volatility in Raw Material Price
188.8.131.52 Essential FA to Meet the Nutritional Gap
184.108.40.206 New Source of Omega3PUFA Production such as Krill and Squid
3.1.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Buyers
22.214.171.124 Threat of New Entrants
126.96.36.199 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
188.8.131.52 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.2 Application Type
4.2.1 Food and Beverages
184.108.40.206 Infant Formula
220.127.116.11 Fortified Foods & Beverages
4.2.2 Dietary Supplements
4.2.4 Animal Nutrition
4.3 By Source
4.3.1 Animal Source
18.104.22.168 Fish Oil
22.214.171.124 Algae Oil
126.96.36.199 Krill Oil
188.8.131.52 Others (Egg Oil, Tuna, Shark, Squid)
4.3.2 Plant Source
184.108.40.206 Chia Seed
220.127.116.11 Flax Seed
18.104.22.168 Hemp Seed
22.214.171.124 Others (Canola, Perilla, Walnut)
4.4 By Geography
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 A&Z Food Additives Co. Ltd.
6.2 Arista Industries Inc.
6.5 Cayman Chemicals
6.6 Clover Corporation
6.7 Copenica ASA
6.8 Croda Inc.
6.10 FMC Corporation
6.11 Guangdong Runke