The South America fat replacers market is expected to reach a market value of 302.14 USD million by 2023 and is estimated to register a 5.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Fat replacers chemically resemble fats, derived from proteins, or carbohydrates. The rise in obesity and growing consumer awareness about fat replacer products has increased the demand in the South American market, many folds. Tate & Lyle acquired the oat beta-glucan producer, Biovelop, to increase market growth of fat replacers by widening its product range.
The ability of fat replacer to mimic the physical and chemical qualities of lipids, thereby, providing fewer calories per gram, has fueled the fat replacer market growth. New product launches, catering to the low-fat and skimmed products segment, are anticipated to propel market growth.
Increasing incidence of obesity, cancer, high blood cholesterol levels, and coronary heart diseases have urged consumers in shifting to a low-calorie diet, thus complementing market demand. Regulatory support aimed at facilitating foreign direct investments in developing countries is expected to amplify food & beverage production, consequently, increasing demand for fat replacers in South America.
Fat replacers are widely used in food & beverage processing. Major application segments include - bakery & confectioneries, beverages, and convenience foods. Bakery and confectioneries segment occupied the largest share in 2016, and is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The beverages segment is also anticipated to register above average growth rate in the coming years.
Protein-based fat replacer ingredients will probably experience tremendous potential in dairy and frozen desserts, beverages, and bakery and confectionery products. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, consumption of milk and milk products in South America is expected to witness an exponential growth by 2023.
The South American fat replacer market is geographically divided into - Brazil, Argentina, and others. Brazil had the major market share of the South American fat replacer market, in 2016. Beta-glucan holds the major share of the Brazilian fat replacer market.
- May 2017 - Tate & Lyle acquired oat beta-glucan manufacturer Biovelop to increase market growth of fat replacers by widening its product range.
- November 2015 - Cargill launched a unique starch enabling a minimum of 50% fat reduction in yoghurt. CreamTex™06329 modified starch is a unique fat replacer that enables a minimum of 50% fat reduction with minimal impact on the taste and mouth-feel of yoghurt.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Overview
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increase in demand for convenience products drive the growth of the low calorie diet food
4.1.2 High prevalence rates of Obesity, blood Cholesterol Levels, and Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD)
4.2.1 Low Sensory (Taste) Acceptance
4.2.2 Consumer Awareness of the Possible Side-effects
4.3.1 Development of New Consumer-Friendly Fat Replacers
4.3.2 Demand for low-fat and skimmed products
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Source
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Processed Meat
5.2.2 Bakery & Confectioneries
5.2.3 Food Additives
5.2.5 Convenience Foods
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 AIT Ingredients
7.2 Associated British Foods Plc.
7.3 Bio Springer
7.5 Chr. Hansen
7.6 Gum Technology Corporation
7.8 Royal DSM
7.9 Tate & Lyle Oat Ingredients
7.10 Ulrick & Shorts