Fruit concentrates are most widely used in the beverage industry. They are also used as natural sweeteners and as a substitute for sugar in a variety of applications, such as desserts and confectionery items. The product is approximately 3 to 7 times concentrated, hence, less in volume, due to which transportation, shipping, and warehousing become easier and less expensive. Fruit concentrates can be just as healthy as other fruit choices. For this reason, the global market for fruit concentrates is expected to reach at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach an estimated value of around USD 41.8 billion by 2023.
Fruit juices and flavors are popular and highly favored in virtually every region of the world. Fruit concentrates have applications across various industries and products. The factors driving the global fruit concentrate market are the reduced logistical and storage costs, demand for a high scale of volume in the beverages market, usage as a substitute for sugar in the bakery sector, and changing consumer trends and food preferences. Moreover, the growth in the food and beverage industry, as a result of the increasing health food trends, has given impetus to this market.
The major restraints in the fruit concentrate market are the awareness of the ill effects of excess fructose consumption, the benefits that whole fresh fruits provide are different to concentrated fruits and the dependency of fruit concentrates market on the production of fruits across the world. Fruit concentrate market is also, to an extent, dependent on application industries, such as confectionary and bakery.
The market for fruit concentrate is categorized by product form, application and fruit type. The product is available in the form of a liquid concentrate, powder concentrate, puree concentrate, clear concentrate, and frozen concentrate. Among all these segments, the liquid concentrate comprises of the major market share, followed by the powder concentrate. The liquid concentrate is also called juice concentrate with its most prominent application being in the beverage industry in reconstituted fruit juice. The clear concentrate is expected to show a significant growth during the forecast period. The reconstituted fruit juice is the bestselling product with major companies, such as Tropicana.
Fruit concentrates can have a wide range of applications in various industries. This market is divided based on its application into beverages, bakery, confectionary, dairy, and others. Beverages industry has the greatest use of fruit concentrate, followed by the bakery industry.
The global market for fruit concentrates is driven by the North American region, which has the largest market share and is showing a steady increase in its growth. Increasing knowledge of the ill effects of sugar, coupled with the rising demand for convenience products among the people in North American countries, is driving the growth of fruit concentrate across the region.
- March 2018 - Hong Kong-listed China Haisheng Juice Holdings agreed to form a joint venture with Zhaoyang Agriculture to modernize fruit plantations in Yunnan Province of China.
- July 2017 - Austrian fruit ingredients producer Agrana invested almost USD 29.04 million in a new manufacturing facility in eastern China. The facility is expected to be operational by 2019. Once completed, the main purpose of the facility will be to focus on R&D activity for jam, jam ingredients and fruit juice concentrates.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Reduced Logistical and Storage costs
3.1.2 Increasing Use as a Sugar Substitute
3.2.1 Benefits of Whole Fruit Compared to Fruit Concentrate Drinks
3.2.2 Environmental Factors Affecting Fruit Production
3.3.1 Convenient and Economical Alternative in Various Applications
3.3.2 Rise in Demand for Healthy and Upmarket Products
4. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Liquid Concentrate
5.1.2 Powder Concentrate
5.2 By Application
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of APAC
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Most Active Companies in Past Five Years
6.3 New Product Launches & Key Strategies
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Agrana Beteiligungs Ag
7.2 China Haisheng Juice Holdings Co. Ltd.
7.4 Döhler Group
7.6 Kanegrade Ltd.
7.7 Kerr Concentrates Inc.
7.8 Kerry Group
7.9 Lemon Concentrate S.L.
7.10 Pioma Industries
7.12 Rudolf Wild Gmbh & Co. Kg
7.13 Skypeople Fruit Juice Inc.
7.15 Sunopta Inc.
- Agrana Beteiligungs Ag
- China Haisheng Juice Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Döhler Group
- Kanegrade Ltd.
- Kerr Concentrates Inc.
- Kerry Group
- Lemon Concentrate S.L.
- Pioma Industries
- Rudolf Wild Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Skypeople Fruit Juice Inc.
- Sunopta Inc.