The global lactic acid market is expected to register a CAGR of 12.4%, during the forecast period (2018 - 2023).
Lactic acid are available in various grades depending upon its purity and its application. Lactic acid demand in food & beverages market are growing with the emerging technology and the growing demand in applications. Due to various functional properties of lactic acid it is used as a key ingredient in food & beverages products.
The major drivers for the lactic acid market are increased demand in food applications of lactic acid, availability of cheap raw materials, various functional properties of lactic acid and the regulatory approval by international regulations. The low cost of raw materials, such as molasses, starch, sugarcane, and other carbohydrates, has been a big advantage for industries as it directly lowers the final cost of the product. Also, these raw materials are abundant and easily available in the domestic regions for production, which is driving the market. The regulatory approval of lactic acid to be used as a food additive has boosted its applications in food products market. However, the large capital investment and the fluctuations in raw material prices are being the restraints for the market.
The segmentation of lactic acid market is done by application type, function type, source type, and by geography. Market segmentation on the application type includes meat, poultry and fish, dairy, beverages, fruits and vegetables, bakery and confectionery. Dairy and meat products applications consists of high demand among others in application segment. The market segmentation on the source type consists of natural and synthetic source. The natural source type is further sub segmented into milk source or plant source. The natural lactic aciddominates the market while the synthetic production is less common due to its sustainable factor. Lactic acid market segmentation on the function type in food & beverages includes its function as preservative, pH regulator, antimicrobial agent, flavor, and mineral fortification. Lactic acid is more commonly used as pH regulator in various foods and as an antimicrobial agent in meat and poultry products, which is the second major category of application after dairy.
The market is further segmented on the region basis into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and South America. North America holds the largest share of the lactic acid market in food applications followed by Europe and Asia pacific. The EU regulatory environment has supported the market growth in the region.
- April 2015 - Corbion N.V. acquired the lactic acid business from Archer Daniels Midland Company for an undisclosed cash sum.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Availability of Cheap Raw Materials
184.108.40.206 Increased Demand in Food Applications
220.127.116.11 Regulatory Approval
18.104.22.168 Various Functional Properties of Lactic Acid
22.214.171.124 Fluctuations in Raw Material Price
126.96.36.199 High Capital Investment Cost
188.8.131.52 Sustainable Production of Lactic Acid
4.2.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Meat, Poultry, and Fish
5.1.5 Fruits and Vegetable
5.2 By Source
5.2.1 Natural Source
188.8.131.52 Dairy source
184.108.40.206 Plant source
5.2.2 Synthetic source
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.6 Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Co., Ltd.
7.7 NingXia Hypow Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.