The global canned food market is expected to reach USD 118 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 3.8%, during the forecast period (2018-2023). The growing trend in the canned food market is innovations in packaging. With increase in demand for chemical-free canned foods, manufacturers are focusing on innovations in packaging. Many brands of canned food products have started offering food in BPA-free containers.
The growing trend for organic canned fruits and vegetables and focus on social media marketing and promotions further adds to the revenue generating factors in the global canned food market.
Canned food requires less preparation time and are considered convenient to use, which has led to its popularity in the global market. The demand for sealed and tamper-proof steel container food is high, as they protect food from harmful bacteria. Also, due to hectic and busy lifestyles of consumers, canned food is expected to gain more importance. The process of canning helps in preserving the quality of food products and preventing food spoilage, which subsequently increases their shelf life.
However, major restraining factors affecting the global canned food packaging market are availability of alternative packaging solutions, high cost of metals, introduction of polyethylene terephthalate, and high-density polyethylene materials. Also, canned foods are subject to the risk of BPA, which is hazardous to health.
Factors, such as, innovations in packaging, high investment in R&D, and increasing demand in the Asia-Pacific region, reflect the growth opportunities for the global canned food market.
The global canned food market is segmented by type, distribution channel, and region. The fish & seafood segment is reported to be the fastest growing segment, given the high demand and sustainably sourced products. During 2015, the sale of canned food through supermarkets and hypermarkets was the most significant, due to the availability of a vast array of products, at a discounted price. Supermarkets and hypermarkets are also the ideal venues for vendors to launch their products.
The market is currently dominated by Europe, followed by North America. The evolving and changing food habits, along with increasing urbanization is driving the growth of the canned fruit products in countries, like India and China.
- March 2016 - Del Monte, one of the largest producers in the region, distributors, and marketers of premium quality, branded food products, announced plans for conversion to non-BPA packaging and an increase in the non-GMO product offerings.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1.1 Increased Preference for Convenience Food Products
3.1.2 Longer Shelf Life of Canned Food Products
3.1.3 Demand for Canned Food Due to the Benefits Offered
3.2.1 Increasing Health Issues
3.2.2 Increasing Substitutes for Canned Food Products
3.3.1 Increased Demand in the Developing Regions
3.3.2 Increased Focus on Product Development
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
3.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
3.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
3.5.2 Target Market Identification
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Canned Meat Products
4.1.2 Canned Fish/Seafood
4.1.3 Canned Vegetables
4.1.4 Canned Fruit
4.1.5 Canned Ready to Eat Meals
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 Specialist Retailers
4.2.2 Internet Sales
4.2.3 Super Markets/ Hyper Markets
4.2.4 Convenience Stores
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Atria Group
6.2 Campbell Soup
6.3 ConAgra Foods Inc.
6.4 Danish Crown
6.5 DelMonte Pacific Ltd.
6.6 H.J. Heinz Company
6.7 Hormel Foods
6.9 La Doria
6.11 Pinnacle Foods Inc.