The Asia-Pacific fat replacers market is expected to register a market value of USD 623.31 million by 2023. Cargill recently launched a new product “Milfar”, a milk fat replacer, in Asia-Pacific, this product launch will positively impact the growth of the fat replacers market.
The Asia-Pacific fat replacers market is projected to be the fastest growing, globally. Demand for food products with high-protein content but low-fat content is expected to contribute to the growth of the protein-based fat replacers market. They are expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the fat replacers market. Moreover, protein intake is highly recommended for weight management, which has led to further demand for protein-based fat replacers.
The growth in demand for convenience foods is likely to drive the market for liquid fat replacers, as they are used to replace fatty oils, thereby contributing significantly to the fat replacers market. They also provide a glossy texture and help prevent stickiness on confectionery products.
The bakery & confectionery products segment accounted for the largest share in the fat replacers market. Consumers in developing countries, such as, India, and China, have become increasingly conscious about leading a healthy lifestyle. In light of this trend, the reduction of fat content in bakery and confectionery products becomes imperative. Products, such as, cakes and pastries, require fat replacers for consumers who demand low-fat and low-calorie options. This trend in developed countries has led to considerable market opportunities in the bakery & confectionery products segment during the forecast period.
India and China are projected to be the fastest-growing countries, due to their growing economy. Various factors, such as, rapid urbanization, changes in lifestyle, and increase in demand for convenience products drive the growth of the food & beverages sector. China has witnessed high growth in the Asia-Pacific fat replacers market. Concerns about adverse effects of fats and calories, and growth in consumer awareness about healthy diet are key factors driving the demand for fat replacers in the country. The high consumption of convenience foods in countries, such as, India and China are expected to drive the demand for fat replacers in the region.
- July 2017 - Ulrick & Shorts launched a latest product Delyte 9 to its Delyte range is set to aid dessert manufacturers in the fight against fat.
- November 2015 - Cargill launched a unique starch enabling a minimum of 50% fat reduction in yoghurt. CreamTex™06329 modified starch is a unique fat replacer that enables a minimum of 50% fat reduction with minimal impact on the taste and mouthfeel of yoghurt.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Overview
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Demand for a Low-Calorie Diet
4.1.2 High Prevalence Rates of Obesity, Blood Cholesterol Levels, and Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD)
4.2.1 Low Sensory (Taste) Acceptance
4.2.2 Consumer Awareness of the Possible Side-Effects
4.3.1 Development of New Consumer-Friendly Fat Replacers
4.3.2 Increasing Demand for Innovative Fat Replacers
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Source
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Processed Meat
5.2.2 Bakery & Confectioneries
5.2.3 Food Additives
5.2.5 Convenience Foods
5.3 By Geography
22.214.171.124 Rest of APAC
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Associated British Foods Plc.
7.4 Chr. Hansen
7.5 Connell Brothers
7.7 FMC Corporation
7.8 Kerry Group
7.10 Royal DSM
7.11 Tate & Lyle Oat Ingredients
7.12 Ulrick & Shorts