The food safety testing market in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a CAGR of 11% during the forecast period, owing to the robust demand for pathogen testing, particularly from the meat and poultry sectors. Moreover, the recent technological advancements in information and communication technology have contributed to strengthening the food safety regulatory landscape, giving a further push to the food safety testing industry.
The growing concerns for food safety in the backdrop of frequent mishaps that occur across the supply chain have made consumers and the food safety regulatory agencies put in place a robust, cost-effective, and highly reliable food safety testing framework that helps in preventing major food scars. The governments have also pushed for self-regulation as a primary measure in ensuring food safety, enabling manufacturers to conduct food safety assurance checks at a regular interval of time as mandated by law and as well as a part of self-regulation.
The recent health concerns, such as antibiotic resistance, have made consumers more aware of the safety profiles of foods. The issue of pesticide and antibiotic residues is expected to drastically affect the food safety testing landscape, given the lack of proper resource and testing infrastructure in some countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Asia-Pacific food safety testing market is segmented based on contaminant type, food type, and country. The highly perishable food items such as fruit & vegetables and meat & poultry are increasingly analyzed for pathogens as well as residue. The processed food products segment has also come under stringent regulatory scanning following the recent food safety scares.
The new entrants in the Asia-Pacific food safety testing market are facing intense competition from the established players who enjoy greater client confidence and greater recognition among consumers.
- February 2018 - Recently, Certain International from Australia and Hoan Vu from Vietnam announced the use of blockchain infrastructure provided by OriginTrail using GS1 supply chain data standards to tackle the cases of food fraud crisis by providing rapid traceability solutions.
- March 2018 - Scientists from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore have developed a new imaging technology that can take a photo of fruit or meat to look for spots with chemicals or bacterial activity leading to spoilage.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Overview & Dynamics
4.2.1 Greater Incidences of Food-Borne Diseases
4.2.2 Food Trade Going Global
4.2.3 Consumers Gaining Increased Awareness
4.2.4 Food Industry Adopting Rapid Microbiological Tests at a Faster Pace
4.2.5 Stringent Regulations in Regard to Food Safety
4.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Contaminant Type
5.1.5 Food Allergen
5.2 By Food Type
5.2.2 Fruits and Vegetables
5.2.3 Meat and Poultry
5.2.4 Processed Foods
5.3 By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 New Product Launches
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Asia Food Inspection
7.3 Asurequality Limited
7.4 BIO-RAD LABORATORIES, INC.
7.5 Bureau Veritas S.A.
7.7 Food Hygiene & Health Laboratory
7.9 NSF International
7.10 OMIC Quality Control
7.11 Romer Labs Inc.
- Asia Food Inspection
- Asurequality Limited
- BIO-RAD LABORATORIES Inc.
- Bureau Veritas S.A.
- Food Hygiene & Health Laboratory
- NSF International
- OMIC Quality Control
- Romer Labs Inc.