The Europe soy protein ingredients market is estimated to register a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2018 - 2023). The market growth for soy protein ingredients in Europe is facilitated by accumulating scientific evidence of various health benefits of soya protein over and above animal-based protein counterparts.
Benefits of plant based diet are being increasingly acknowledged by European consumers. The region has also witnessed rising demands for ideal meat substitutes. In UK alone, the sales of meat substitutes are predicted to increase by 25% in the next five years. The rise in vegetarianism as a lifestyle choice is a trend expanding across the Europe.
The research and development in soy protein have demonstrated its intrinsic functional benefits. The functional foods manufacturers in Europe have also exhibited promising approach towards utilizing soy protein ingredients due to cost considerations and safety aspects.
The consumers have gradually shown increasing concerns towards GM-foods. Adding to this is the emergence of alternate vegetable protein options in the marketplace coupled with the awareness regarding the bioavailability of soy protein due to presence of anti-nutritional factors. These aforementioned factors are restraining the growth of Europe soy protein ingredients market.
The Europe soy protein ingredients market is segmented based on type, application, and country. Recently a German-Hungarian proposal to enhance the yield of legumes including soybean has received support from 13 EU member states. This trend is expected to benefit the soy protein concentrates manufacturers in Europe. In the developed markets, like that of France, consumer has shown increasing preference towards vegetable proteins over the meat proteins. Based on the type of soy protein, there is a strong demand for concentrates particularly in infant nutrition and bakery products.
- March 2018 - Finnish dairy company Valio has announced its efforts towards environmentally friendly milk production by entirely discontinuing the use of soy in feed.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Consumer behavior becoming more health centric
3.1.2 Rising awareness about scientific evidence of various health benefits of soya protein
3.1.3 Cost effective quality substitute for animal protein
3.1.4 Increasing research and inheriting functional properties allow for versatile applications
3.2.1 Consumer aversion for genetically modified crops
3.2.2 Availability of alternate vegetable protein options
3.2.3 Non nutritional components and risk to allergies
3.3.1 Application in food & beverage sector
3.3.2 High rate of obesity present great opportunity in the weight management sector
3.3.3 Adoption of functional foods and nutritional supplements to maintain a healthy lifestyle
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Soy Isolates
4.1.2 Soy Concentrates
4.1.3 Soy Flours
220.127.116.11 Textured Soy Flour
18.104.22.168 Textured Soy Protein
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Bakery and confectionery
4.2.2 Meat alternatives
4.2.3 Functional foods
4.2.4 Dairy Replacement
4.2.5 Infant foods
4.3 By Geography
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 ADM (Archer Daniels Midland Company)
6.2 Cargill Europe BVBA
6.3 CHS Inc. (U.S.)
6.5 EISS B.V.
6.6 Köster Marine Proteins
6.8 Nordic Soya
6.9 Victoria Group