The South American market of dairy based beverages is growing at a fast rate as people are paying more attention to their health. The demand of new flavored and nutrition rich dairy products is gaining popularity as the consumers are shifting to the vegan diet to fulfill their nutrition needs. The market of flavored milk is the major focus for increasing the growth in this sector.
Growing consumer interest in the health benefits of dairy consumption is driving market growth. These products include reduced cholesterol and saturated fat or added nutritive components, such as calcium magnesium, antioxidants, Omega 3, fiber, protein, phytosterol, etc. Health benefits of probiotic drinks especially improvement of digestion and immune system is attracting consumers of all age groups. Another factor driving the growth of the market is rising medical cost, which is forcing the population to go for preventive measures and maintain good health. The availability of dairy alternatives is restraining the dairy based beverage market growth. Key competitors to milk and dairy products now are milk alternatives, such as coconut milk, almond milk, flax milk, and other juices that provide the same health benefits.
South America dairy based beverage market is segmented by type, packaging, and by sales channels. By type the dairy beverage market is segmented into standard white milk, flavored milk, drinking yoghurt, functional milk, and others. Standard white milk holds the highest share in the global dairy beverage market. However, due to rising competition of standard white milk with plant-dairy alternatives, food manufacturers are focusing more on the functional and probiotic drinks, which would offer additional health benefits compared to standard milk. Omega-3, fibers, bioactive compounds, and phytosterol are some of the functional components added to dairy beverage. By packaging type, the dairy based beverage market has been categorized into can, while by sales channel, the dairy- market has been segmented into convenience stores, supermarkets/hypermarkets, mass merchandisers, drug stores, food services/sports nutrition chain vending and others.
Brazil is fastest growing market due to growing health concern issues, increase in disposable income level, rising population are the key issues, which lead to boost the market and holds maximum market share because of high population and growing income of consumers. The South American dairy based beverages market is expected to witness moderate to high growth rate during the forecast period.
- January 2018 - Arla Foods announced a plan to invest of EUR 527 million in 2018 as the company continues to deliver on its 2020 growth ambition. This investment plan is a growth plan aimed at expanding its positions in key dairy categories and geographic markets.
- February 2018 - Nestlé, the largest food & beverage company in the world, said it is acquiring a majority interest in Terrafertil and its flagship brand Natures Heart. Terrafertil is recognized for its wide portfolio of natural and mostly organic products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increase in Cases of Lifestyle and Age-related diseases
3.1.2 Wide Variety of Dairy Drink Products Available
3.1.3 Increase in Health Awareness among Consumers
3.2.1 Availability of Dairy Alternative Drinks
3.3.1 Growing Functional Beverage Market Sector
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Standard White Milk
4.1.2 Flavored Milk
4.1.3 Drinking Yoghurt
4.1.4 Functional Milk
4.2 By Packaging
4.3 By Sales Channel
4.3.1 Convenience stores
4.3.3 Grocery Stores
4.4 By Geography
4.4.3 Rest of South America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Arla Foods
6.3 Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
6.4 Earths Own Food Company Inc.
6.5 Eden Foods Inc.
6.6 Krafts Foods Group Inc.
6.7 Living Harvest Foods Inc.
6.9 South East Bottling & Beverage
6.10 Sunsweet Growers
6.11 The Functional Beverage Co.
6.12 US Beverage Manufacturing
- Arla Foods
- Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
- Earths Own Food Company Inc.
- Eden Foods Inc.
- Krafts Foods Group Inc.
- Living Harvest Foods Inc.
- South East Bottling & Beverage
- Sunsweet Growers
- The Functional Beverage Co.
- US Beverage Manufacturing