The insoluble dietary fiber market was valued at USD 2.28 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 3.94 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 7.7%, during the forecast period of 2018 - 2023. Insoluble dietary fibers have multi-disciplinary uses, some of which include being employed as bulking agents in reduced-sugar applications, as an effective moisture manger in fat replacing, as a tool for incorporating texture, and as a natural antioxidant. They also have an extensive use as a bulking agent in the bakery industry, which accounts to 31.0% of the total market share
The sudden change in lifestyles, western influence, and considerable raise in the disposable income have created a demand for healthy food products in the developing countries. The European bakery industry witnessed a considerable demand for natural and healthy bakery products employing dietary fibers as well. Furthermore, a demand for fiber supplements in fulfilling nutritional requirements in the western countries acted as a driver for the global insoluble dietary fibers market. Technical difficulties pertaining to reactivity and stability of the product has been one of the major challenges faced by the industries employing dietary fibers. Additionally, delayed and inconsistent regulatory standards for approval are other constraints for the market. With effective scientific research, new insoluble fiber variants are being identified with superior qualities. With very limited production in the developing countries, the untapped market provides a prolific opportunity for investment in this sector.
The insoluble dietary fiber market has been segmented on the basis of type into bulking agent, fat replacer, texturing agent, and others. On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into cellulose, hemi-cellulose, chitin & chitosan, lignin, resistant starch, and others. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented into bakery, beverages, confectionaries, meat, pasta & soups, and others. Lastly, on the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa.
North America with a share of 38.0% holds is dominant in the global insoluble dietary fibers market. This can be accounted to the higher numbers of health conscious population in this region. Europe stands second in the market with the recent high demand for healthier bakery products. Asia-Pacific, with its huge demand for convenience foods and increased western influence, is expected to register a CAGR of 10.2%, during the given forecast period.
- April 2017 - Ingredion Incorporated, a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, launched a new line of low cost-in-use dietary fibers for manufactures wanting to easily add fiber to foods - the NOVELOSE™.
- April 2016 - ADM announces the EMEA launch of SUPERB, a functional soy protein fiber developed to boost the protein and fiber content, control moisture retention and improve texture in meat products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Consumer Preferences for Healthier and Natural Bakery Products in European Countries
4.1.2 High Demand For Processed and Convenience Foods in Western Countries
4.1.3 Increasing Demand for Fiber Supplements to Fulfill Nutritional Requirement Globally
4.1.4 Increasing Western Influence and Awareness of Health Benefits from Dietary Fibers in Developing Countries
4.2.1 Delayed and Inconsistent Regulatory Standards for Approval
4.2.2 Technical Difficulties Pertaining to Reactivity and Stability
4.3.1 Higher Incidence of Application in Weight Management and Healthcare Industry
4.3.2 Identification of New Active Ingredients
4.3.3 Unexploited Market in the Developing Countries
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Function Type
5.1.1 Bulking agent
5.1.2 Fat Replacer
5.1.3 Texturing agent
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.3 Chitin & Chitosan
5.2.5 Resistant starch
5.3 By Application
5.3.5 Pasta & Soups
5.4 By Geography
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.2 North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of APAC
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.2 Cargill Inc.
7.3 E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
7.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
7.5 Grain Processing Corporation
7.6 Ingredion Incorporated
7.7 J. Rettenmaier & Söhne Gmbh & Co. Kg
7.8 Roquette Frères
7.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. Ltd.
7.10 Südzucker Ag
7.11 Sunopta, Inc.
7.12 Taiyo Lucid Pvt. Ltd.
7.13 Tate & Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cargill Inc.
- E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
- Fibrisol Service Limited
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Ingredion Incorporated
- J. Rettenmaier & Söhne Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Roquette Frères
- Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. Ltd.
- Südzucker Ag
- Sunopta Inc.
- Taiyo Lucid Pvt. Ltd.
- Tate & Lyle PLC