The North American insoluble dietary fibers market has been estimated at USD 715.3 million by 2018 and is projected to reach USD 1230.4 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 9.5%, during the forecast period, 2018 - 2023. Insoluble dietary fibers have multi-disciplinary uses, some of which include being employed as bulking agents in reduced-sugar applications, as an effective moisture manger in fat replacing, as a tool for incorporating texture, and as a natural antioxidant. They also have an extensive use as a bulking agent in the bakery industry, which accounts to 31.0% of the total market share.
The market trend is in tandem with growing awareness of healthy eating habits and the major role these additives play in aiding digestive health. Governments encourage the intake and recommends acceptable levels of intake of insoluble dietary fibers. The number of supermarkets, food service restaurants, and several processed food supply channels in the emerging markets are rising, and thus, the food industry is seeing an uptick in demand. This ultimately gives rise to growth in North America insoluble dietary fibers market.
Increased consumption of processed and convenience foods in North America has led to prevalence of several health problems including coronary heart disorder, obesity, gastro-intestinal issues, cholesterol and diabetes. Consumer awareness and demand for nutrition rich foods is anticipated to increase demand for insoluble dietary fiber market in North America during the forecast period. Several studies being conducted in the market for use of insoluble dietary fiber in treating obesity, diabetes, digestive problems, cardiovascular problem, and high cholesterol are poised to create growth opportunities in the coming five years.
North America insoluble dietary fiber market is segmented by Functional type, Product type, and by Application. The fibers are classified into Cellulose, Hemi cellulose, Chitin, and Lignin depending on their characteristics. The insoluble dietary fibers find a wide range of applications in the Meat industry, Bakeries and Beverages segment, and in Confectioneries, as these fibers help prevent colon cancer by keeping an optimal pH in intestines to prevent microbes from producing cancerous substances.
The US holds a major share in the market, and Canada closely follows the trend similar to United States. Mexico, with its rising incomes, urbanization and rapidly rising processed foods market, is poised to see demand for dietary fibers coming from the young calorie-conscious consumer.
- March 2018 - Tate & Lyle PLC a leading global provider of specialty food ingredients and solutions, announced a new partnership with HORN, North American premier distributor of specialty ingredients and raw materials.
- February 2016 - Ingredion Incorporated, a leading global provider of ingredient solutions to diversified industries, launched a new line of low cost-in-use dietary fibers for manufactures wanting to easily add fiber to foods - the VERSAFIBE™.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Fiber Supplements to Fulfill Nutritional Requirement Globally
4.1.2 High Demand For Processed and Convenience Foods in Western Countries
4.2.1 Delayed and Inconsistent Regulatory Standards for Approval
4.2.2 Technical Difficulties Pertaining to Reactivity and Stability
4.3.1 Higher Incidence of Application in Weight Management and Healthcare Industry
4.3.2 Identification of New Active Ingredients
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Function Type
5.1.1 Bulking agent
5.1.2 Fat Replacer
5.1.3 Texturing agent
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.3 Chitin & Chitosan
5.2.5 Resistant Starch
5.3 By Application
5.3.5 Pasta & Soups
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.2 Cargill Inc.
7.3 E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
7.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
7.5 Grain Processing Corporation
7.6 Ingredion Incorporated
7.7 J. Rettenmaier & Söhne Gmbh & Co. Kg
7.8 Roquette Frères
7.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. Ltd.
7.10 Südzucker Ag
7.11 Sunopta, Inc.
7.12 Tate & Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cargill Inc.
- E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
- Fibrisol Service Limited
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Ingredion Incorporated
- J. Rettenmaier & Söhne Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Roquette Frères
- Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co. Ltd.
- Südzucker Ag
- Sunopta Inc.
- Tate & Lyle PLC