In East and Southeast Asia, where 90% of the population is estimated to be lactose-intolerant, the market penetration of lactose-free products is relatively low, due to the lack of awareness of the benefits associated with such products. Unlike the regular dairy beverages, they have low cholesterol and low fat content. Hence, the awareness among niche audience has led many vegans to opt for such products, as they are concerned about growth related hormones and antibiotics found in the animal milk processed by dairy industry.
The soy milk and the other dairy alternative beverages market in Asia-Pacific is growing as manufacturers are launching new products for specific customer segments. In the Asia-Pacific region, soy milk was initially bought as a soft drink. However, product innovations made it popular as a functional beverage and dairy alternative. The food manufacturers launched various soy milk forms to meet the increasing consumer demand for health beverages, pasteurized soy milk as dairy alternatives and novel flavors of soy drinks. Soy milk, rice milk, and so on, are widely consumed by consumers as a traditional beverage in the Asia-Pacific region.
Asia-Pacific, with over 4.3 billion citizens and a population with high lactose intolerance, has very few options of lactose-free products for adults. The Asian market is dominated by lactose-free milk, and milk for children, pregnant women, and lactating mothers. This provides a wide scope for various lactose-free products for the adult market to enhance the horizons in the Asia-Pacific market. Therefore, the Asian market is leading the market and expected to grow exponentially. For instance, China is expected to have an annual growth rate of 10 percent despite the fact that a large portion of the disposable incomes are not yet sufficient for purchasing lactose free products, which are expensive compared to normal dairy products.
- July 2017 - SunOpta sold off equipment of one of two Lehigh Valley production lines. The sale was made in conjunction with its decision to discontinue flexible, resalable pouch products as part of its ongoing strategy, which had it “exiting product lines where the company is not effectively positioned”.
- March 2017 - Hain Celestial featured 75 Exciting New Natural Products at Expo West 2017.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Increase in Lactose Intolerance and Milk Allergy
3.3.2 Nutritional Values of Plant Based Dairy Alternatives
3.3.3 Changed Lifestyle Causing Obesity and Gastrointestinal Problems
3.4.1 High Pricing of Dairy Alternatives As Compared To Dairy Based Products
3.4.2 Lack of Protein and Cross Contamination of Raw Materials
3.5.1 Innovative Marketing Practices and Creating Awareness
3.5.2 Increasing Demand from Developing Countries
3.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.6.3 Degree of Competition
3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
3.6.5 Threat of New Entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Dairy Alternatives Market, By Type
4.1.1 Soy Milk
4.1.2 Almond Milk
4.1.3 Coconut Milk
4.1.4 Rice Milk
4.1.5 Others (Hemp Milk, Oat Milk, Cashew Milk, Hazelnut Milk)
4.2 Dairy Alternatives Market, By Application
4.3 Dairy Alternatives Market, By Formulation
4.3.1 Sweetened Products
184.108.40.206 Plain Formulation
220.127.116.11 Flavored Formulation
4.3.2 Unsweetened Products
18.104.22.168 Plain Formulation
22.214.171.124 Flavored Formulation
4.4 Dairy Alternatives Market, By Sales Channel
4.4.1 Super Markets
4.4.2 Convenience Store
4.4.4 Health Food Stores
4.4.5 Others (Online Stores, Big Chains Consumption Such As Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts)
4.5 Dairy Alternatives Market, By Region
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
5.3 New Product Developments & Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.2 Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
6.3 Daiya Foods Inc.
6.4 Earths Own Food Company Inc.
6.5 Eden Foods Inc.
6.6 Freedom Foods Group Ltd.
6.7 Nutriops S.L.
6.8 Panos Brands LLC.
6.9 Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
6.10 Sunopta Inc.
6.11 The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
6.12 The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
- Daiya Foods Inc.
- Earths Own Food Company Inc.
- Eden Foods Inc.
- Freedom Foods Group Ltd.
- Nutriops S.L.
- Panos Brands LLC.
- Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
- Sunopta Inc.
- The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company