The natural food colorant market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.7% during 2018 - 2023 (the forecast period). The increasing preference for clean label products is expected to drive the market for natural food colors over synthetic food colors. The high production cost is a prominent restraint for the market.
Organic Foods Demand Help Boost the Natural Food Colorants Market
Consumer demand for organic food has been high for more than a decade, according to major retailers all over the globe. According to retailers, like Tesco, organic sales in their stores have risen by 15% in the past year, 2017. Consumers are more aware of the kind of products available in the market, and most consumers, in developed regions, look at the labels before purchasing food products. Food manufacturers are also constantly improving their products to match the changing standards of consumers, by eliminating synthetic colors in their products. This also serves as a strategy to improve their market share globally, and gain competitive advantage. The number of consumers, who are becoming health conscious, has grown exponentially over the years, and has, thus, created huge demand for organic products, including natural food colorants.
Consumers are increasingly concerned about what is in their food, which has led to a growing demand for products made from natural sources and fewer synthetic additives. Thus, the demand for natural colorants in bakery applications is expected to witness substantial growth. Colorant manufacturing companies have noticed this trend, and have specially developed natural colorants to overcome the challenges bakery manufactures face by providing a light stable, vibrant, and bright color profile for the bakery products. The beverage segment accounts for a substantial market share for natural colorants. According to Naturex, of the total drink launches in the United States, 50% drinks used natural sources for coloring.
North America Dominates the Natural Food Colorant Market
The major global manufacturing hubs, North America and Europe, account for the major share in the natural food colorant market. Increasing demand and consumer awareness for natural food in comparison to synthetic options and health-promoting properties of natural colorant food are the prominent factors influencing the growth of natural colorants in these regions. Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a high growth rate during the forecast period, as consumers move toward health conscious lifestyle.
Companies, like CHR Hansen, DDW-Color house, Royal DSM, Sensient technologies, Riken Vitamin, FMC Corp., among others, are few of the top companies in the global natural food colorant market. To gain market share, these companies are adopting numerous market strategies, like innovative product development, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and expansion of existing facilities.
- November 2017 - Chr. Hansen is pushing back the boundaries of natural ingredients, and expanding its range of coloring foodstuff, helping food & beverage manufacturers in taking clean labels to the next level.
- September 2017 - According to a new research, Lycoreds naturally sourced colors can extend the shelf-life of surimi seafood products, by as much as three months.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing demand for natural and clean-label products
4.1.2 Strict Regulations for using the synthetic colors
4.1.3 Growing awareness regarding health benefits of certain natural colors
4.2.1 High costs & lesser stability of natural color
4.3.1 New Sources of raw materials
4.3.2 Greenfield projects in developing countries
4.3.3 Growing demand for innovations in natural colors
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Natural Food Colorants Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Dairy & Frozen Products
5.2.4 Meat products
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted By Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. List of Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.3 Chr Hansen Holdings
7.4 Fiorio Colori S.p.A
7.5 FMC Corporation
7.6 Kalsec Inc.
7.7 Kerry Group Plc.
7.8 Naturex SA
7.9 Royal DSM N.V
7.10 Sensient technologies