Dairy proteins have a unique combination of high nutritional value combined with excellent functionality. Increasing consumer awareness, especially for functional foods and dietary supplements, has been a critical factor for market development in recent times. The global dairy protein market was valued at USD 15.04 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 19.88 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% during forecast period.
Dairy proteins are now being used in a variety of novel and tasty applications to help consumers achieve the benefits of higher-protein diets, such as satiety, weight management, and muscle health. The major factors that are driving the dairy protein industry are awareness of health and well-being. With lifestyle diseases and obesity incidences on the rise, manufacturers of dairy proteins are motivated to innovate and deliver products meeting the different needs of health-conscious consumers. In recent times, people have gained a clearer understanding of the link between nutrition and health, and are looking for food & beverage products that can support their health goals. At the same time, the dramatically increasing senior population is looking to combat healthcare costs and age-related muscle loss.
The global dairy protein market has been segmented based on the ingredients, applications, and regions. The ingredients market consists of whey protein concentrates and isolates, milk protein concentrates and isolates, and casein and caseinates as the major products. The global market share of whey dairy protein is followed by casein and others. Whey powder, whey proteins, and whey protein fractions accounted for approximately USD 5.4 billion in 2014 and are forecasted to grow rapidly in the coming years.
Based on the application of dairy proteins, the various sectors are food & beverage, infant formulations, personal care, and animal feed. The food & beverage industry is expanding and innovating continuously, in line with the benefits of dairy protein. They provide ideal nutrition for the functional food & beverages, thus meeting the modern-day demand. Dairy proteins, which contains all essential amino acids necessary to build and maintain muscles, are found mainly in meat and dairy. The percentage of food and drink products containing whey protein is increasing.
Europe and North America have the major share of dairy protein market due to the awareness and easy availability of products. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to become a major market due to the increase in population and awareness about health benefits. Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
- January 2018 - Darigold launched Salted Caramel Milk as part of its Old-fashioned Milk product line. This rich, decadent beverage is made with farm fresh whole milk, utilizing the highest-quality ingredients.
- June 2016 - Darigold expanded its manufacturing plant in Sunnyside (Washington). The project allows the plant to process an extra 3.5 million pounds of milk per day, which is nearly a 70% increase.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 The Mainstreaming of Less Meat Centric Diets
3.3.2 The Need for Weight Management and Satiety
3.3.3 The Rise in Demand for Exercise and Performance Nutrition
3.4.1 Stringent Government Regulations on Import Trade
3.4.2 Limited Public Understanding of the Potential Benefits of Higher Protein Levels
3.4.3 Availability of Alternatives Such as Plant Proteins
3.5.1 Increasing Demand from Developing Countries
3.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.6.3 Degree of Competition
3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
3.6.5 Threat of New Entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredients
4.1.1 Milk Protein Concentrates (MPCs)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Concentrates (WPCs)
4.1.3 Whey Protein Isolates (WPIs)
4.1.4 Milk Protein Isolates (MPIs)
4.1.5 Casein and Caseinates
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Foods & Beverages
4.2.2 Infant Formulations
4.2.3 Personal Care & Cosmetics
4.2.4 Animal Feed
4.3 By Region
4.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of APAC
4.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
5.3 New Product Developments & Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.3 Devondale Murray Goulburn Co-operative
6.4 Laïta Group
6.5 Erie Foods Inc.
6.9 Idaho Milk
6.10 Milk Specialties Inc.
6.11 Sole Mizo
6.12 Tatura Milk Ind
6.13 Theo Müller
6.14 United Dairymen of Arizona
6.15 Westland Milk Products
- Devondale Murray Goulburn Co-operative
- Laïta Group
- Erie Foods Inc.
- Idaho Milk
- Milk Specialties Inc.
- Sole Mizo.
- Tatura Milk Ind
- Theo Müller
- United Dairymen of Arizona
- Westland Milk Products