Protein plays a significant role in the daily nutrition of the population. In Europe, animal protein accounted for over 70% of protein ingredient revenue share in 2013. Dairy protein is a major element of animal protein and has a major market share in the global scenario. The increase in demand and innovations will accelerate the growth of market during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
Dairy proteins are now being used in a variety of novel and tasty applications to help consumers achieve the benefits of higher-protein diets, such as satiety, weight management, and muscle health. The major factor driving the dairy protein industry in Europe is health awareness among the people. With lifestyle diseases and obesity incidences on the rise, manufacturers of dairy proteins in Europe are motivated to innovate and deliver products meeting the discerning needs of health-conscious consumers. In recent times, people have gained a clearer understanding of the link between nutrition and health, and are looking for food and beverage products that can support their health goals. At the same time, the dramatically rising senior population is looking to combat healthcare costs and age-related muscle loss. The innovations and research in the food and beverage industry, in respect to dairy protein, have accelerated the growth rate of the market and are expected to continue to do so during the forecast period.
The European dairy protein market has been segmented based on the ingredients, applications, and regions. The ingredients market consists of whey protein concentrates and isolates, milk protein concentrates and isolates, and casein and caseinates as the major products.
The benefits associated with dairy protein are on the rise. They provide an ideal nutrition and application source for the functional foods and beverages, thereby meeting the modern-day demand. Dairy protein contains all essential amino acids necessary to build and maintain muscles, found mainly in animal sources of protein, including meat and dairy. The percentage of food and drink products containing whey protein has increased in the past five years.
Europe has the major share of the dairy protein market due to the awareness and easy availability of products. However, in the United Kingdom itself, the sports nutrition market grew 18% and reached USD 392.37 million in 2016.
- January 2018 - Darigold launched Salted Caramel Milk as part of its Old-fashioned Milk product line. This rich, decadent beverage is made with farm-fresh whole milk, utilizing the highest-quality ingredients.
- June 2016 - Darigold expanded its manufacturing plant in Sunnyside (Washington). The project allows the plant to process an extra 3.5 million pounds of milk per day, which is nearly a 70% increase.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Mainstreaming of Less Meat-centric Diets
3.3.2 Need for Weight Management and Satiety
3.3.3 Rise in Demand for Exercise and Performance Nutrition
3.3.4 The Awareness for Healthy Aging
3.4.1 Stringent Government Regulations on Import Trade
3.4.2 Limited Public Understanding of the Potential Benefits of Higher Protein Levels
3.4.3 Availability of Alternatives
3.5.1 Increasing Demand from Developing Countries
3.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.6.3 Degree of Competition
3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
3.6.5 Threat of New Entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredients
4.1.1 Milk Protein Concentrates (MPCs)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Concentrates (WPCs)
4.1.3 Whey Protein Isolates (WPIs)
4.1.4 Milk Protein Isolates (MPIs)
4.1.5 Casein and Caseinates
4.2 Dairy Protein Market, By Application
4.2.1 Foods & Beverages
4.2.2 Infant Formulations
4.2.3 Personal care & Cosmetics
4.2.4 Animal Feed
4.3 By Region
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.3 Devondale Murray Goulburn Co-operative
6.4 Laïta Group
6.5 Erie Foods Inc.
6.9 Idaho Milk
6.10 Milk Specialties Inc.
6.11 Sole Mizo
6.12 Tatura Milk Ind
6.13 Theo Müller
6.14 United Dairymen of Arizona
6.15 Westland Milk Products
- Devondale Murray Goulburn Co-operative
- Laïta Group
- Erie Foods Inc.
- Idaho Milk
- Milk Specialties Inc.
- Sole Mizo
- Tatura Milk Ind
- Theo Müller
- United Dairymen of Arizona
- Westland Milk Products