Trends, opportunities and forecast in LED driver market to 2023 by supply type (constant current and constant voltage), by luminaire type (type A lamp, decorative lamp, T lamp, reflectors, and others), by applications (general lighting, automotive lighting and backlighting) and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)The future of the LED driver market looks attractive with opportunities in the residential, commercial, industrial, and automotive lighting sectors. The global LED driver market is expected to reach an estimated $16.1 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 15.5% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing building and construction activities, favorable government regulations for energy efficiency, and increasing adoption of LED lighting in emerging countries.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the LED driver industry, include the development of visible light communication (VLC) LED drivers, and the development of color tunable LED drivers.
A total of 113 figures/charts and 98 tables are provided in this 183-page report to help in your business decisions. The study includes the LED driver market size and forecast for the global LED driver market through 2023, segmented by supply type, luminaire type, application, and region as follows:
LED Driver Market by Application [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
- General lighting
- Automotive Lighting
- Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Rear Lights
- LCD TV
- Portable PCs
- Constant Current
- Constant Voltage
- Type A Lamp
- Decorative Lamp
- T Lamp
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
The researcher forecasts that constant current LED driver will remain the largest product type; it is also expected to witness the highest growth due to ability to provide consistent brightness with lower power consumption and increasing demand in LED backlighting and general lighting applications.
Within the LED driver market, the general lighting segment will remain the largest application. It is also expected to witness the highest growth rate due to increasing demand for energy-efficient products in residential and commercial lighting, increasing usage of LED drivers for building and lighting management systems, and the decreasing price of LEDs.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest region, and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to increasing penetration of LED lighting in the automotive and building & construction industries. Production and consumption of LED lighting in China is highest, and modernization of infrastructure is expected to propel the demand for lighting products in China.
Some of the features of “LED Driver Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global LED driver market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis: Global LED driver market size by various applications such as application, supply, and luminaire in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global LED driver market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of LED driver in the LED driver market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of LED driver in the LED driver market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global LED driver market by supply type (constant current and constant voltage), by luminaire type (type A lamp, decorative lamp, T lamp, reflectors, and others), by applications (general lighting, automotive lighting and backlighting) and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the LED driver market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the LED driver market?
Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this LED driver market and reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the LED driver market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the LED driver market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this LED driver market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via product substitution?
Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this LED driver market?
*Full List of Tables and Figures Available on Enquiry.
- Infineon Technologies
- Maxim Integrated Inc.
- Microchip Technology
- ON Semiconductor
- Osram GmbH
- Power Integration
- ROHM Semiconductor
- Taiwan Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
The analyst has been in the business of market research and management consulting since 2000 and has published over 600 market intelligence reports in various markets/applications and served over 1,000 clients worldwide. Each study is a culmination of four months of full-time effort performed by the analyst team. The analysts used the following sources for the creation and completion of this valuable report:
- In-depth interviews of the major players in the market
- Detailed secondary research from competitors’ financial statements and published data
- Extensive searches of published works, market, and database information pertaining to industry news, company press releases, and customer intentions
- A compilation of the experiences, judgments, and insights of professionals, who have analyzed and tracked the market over the years.
Extensive research and interviews are conducted in the supply chain of the market to estimate market share, market size, trends, drivers, challenges and forecasts.
Thus, the analyst compiles vast amounts of data from numerous sources, validates the integrity of that data, and performs a comprehensive analysis. The analyst then organizes the data, its findings, and insights into a concise report designed to support the strategic decision-making process.