This sexual harassment investigation webinar will teach how to conduct harassment and bullying investigations. Attendees will learn legal issues of investigations, characteristics of an investigator, report writing, presentation, communication with case studies and examples.
Course "Best Practices for Sexual Harassment Internal Investigations" has been pre-approved by HRCI as eligible for 1 Credits towards a participant's recertification upon full completion.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program”.
Why Should You Attend:
With increasing media coverage and attention focused on sexual harassment, organizations need to be prepared for an increasing number of employee complaints related to this sensitive topic. Any time there are complaints associated with policy, procedure or law violations, employers must conduct thorough, effective internal investigations. This is just as true for sexual harassment complaints as it is for other types of allegations that may create liability for the employer.
Sexual harassment can take many forms, and handling these types of complaints can be particularly sensitive in many ways. Learn the moving parts associated with these kinds of complaints and how to conduct the subsequent investigation that have to be approached effectively and swiftly, such as including recognizing potential problems that might need to be investigated, taking in complaints and interacting with employees who may have experienced this type of harassment, identifying and interviewing potential witnesses, recommending actions and making decisions that protect the organization and its employees, and communicating with those who have been accused of and/or who have exhibited harassing behaviors, and more.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Recognizing what constitutes a sexual harassment complaint and triggers the obligation to investigate
- Key considerations and steps to follow when establishing an investigation strategy before you start talking to potential witnesses with regards to a sexual harassment complaint
- Best practices for conducting effective interviews with the person bringing forward the complaint, individuals who may have experienced sexual harassment, witnesses who may have seen or heard harassing behaviors, other individuals who may have relevant information, and those who have been accused
- Special considerations for investigating different kinds of sexual harassment complaints
- Dealing with “he said, she said” situations
- Practical considerations for recommendations and actions taken to stop sexual harassment and prevent future problems from occurring
Ms Mary Gormandy White,
MTI Business Solutions
Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SPHR, SHRM-SCP is co-founder of MTI Business Solutions, an Alabama-based business consulting and corporate training firm. Mary specializes in HR, management, leadership and Everything DiSC training and consulting services. She has extensive experience facilitating training in areas related to human resources, management, leadership, communication, customer service, Everything DiSC and more. Mary works with a wide variety of clients throughout the U.S., teaches PHR/SPHR and SHRM-CP/SCP certification preparation courses, is an Everything DiSC certified trainer, and frequently speaks at conferences and association meetings nationwide. Mary is the author of 101 Human Resource Management Tips and 101 Successful PR Campaign Tips in the LifeTips book series and also works as a writer, editor, "HR Matters" blogger and social networking specialist with http://www.LoveToKnow.com. Her professional background includes extensive experience in operations management, HR, training design & development and public relations.