Amazon Pay was launched in 2007 as Pay with Amazon, before being rebranded as Amazon Pay. The solution enables users to pay for purchases on third-party partner merchant websites and apps using payment methods saved on the user’s Amazon profile. In the US, Amazon Pay accepts credit and debit cards from major scheme providers including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB. Users can also make payments using their Amazon account balance. In India, Amazon offers the Amazon Pay Balance digital wallet, enabling customers to load funds and make purchases on Amazon.in and partner merchant websites and apps.
In July 2017, Amazon Pay introduced a new payment service called Amazon Pay Places, which allows users to make purchases from offline stores via mobile app. This was launched in partnership with restaurant chain TGI Fridays, enabling users to browse the TGI Fridays menu and place their order directly through the app.
Apart from purchases, Amazon Pay also enables users to make donations to charities, in collaboration with its voice-based virtual assistant Alexa. Users can give voice commands to their Echo device to initiate donations via Alexa and complete the payment through Amazon Pay.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Amazon Pay, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- Amazon Pay was launched in 2007 as Pay with Amazon. Rebranded as Amazon Pay in 2017.
- Amazon enables users to make voice-based donations to charities using its virtual assistant Alexa.
- Amazon offers its Amazon Pay Balance digital wallet to customers in India.
- In July 2017, Amazon introduced Amazon Pay Places, enabling users to make purchases from offline stores via mobile app.
- Gain insights into Amazon Pay's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
- Historic Milestones
- Revenue Model
- Merchant Registration Process
- Products and Services
- Significant Events
- Partner Merchants in the US