Diagnostic imaging refers to diverse non-invasive methods for monitoring and identifying injuries or diseases via the generation of images representing organs and internal anatomic structures of the patient's body. The global market size of medical imaging market was worth USD 29.48 billion and it is projected to reach to USD 46.18 billion by 2024. Major components driving growth in the medical imaging market includes rising age demographics, growth in the incidence of various diseases and increasing awareness for early stage chronic disease detection and diagnosis. Also factors such as increasing investments and grants by government bodies for modernization of imaging facilities and technological advancements in diagnostics imaging modalities are too responsible to augment growth of medical imaging market. However factors such as high cost of diagnostic imaging system and technological limitations associated with stationary/standalone imaging systems to hinder the growth of the medical imaging markets. File Sharing ecosystem and growing adoption of mobile and portable medical imaging devices are the major factors that can further create huge growth opportunities for the medical imaging market.
Among the regions, North America has the dominant market share among other regions. The U.S accounted for the highest market share owing to presence of major leading medical imaging diagnostic companies and introduction of new products in these region. Furthermore, rising number of diseases coupled with high expenditure on healthcare by U.S citizens are also some of the influential factors responsible to drive growth of medical imaging market in this region. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period owing to development of healthcare facilities, increase government initiatives and growing medical tourism in APAC countries. Japan has the highest market share in the medical imaging market owing to presence of companies catering into medical imaging devices and technological advancement made by these companies.
The report on medical imaging market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global medical imaging market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global medical imaging market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global medical imaging market is segmented on the basis of product, product type and end-user.
Global Medical Imaging Market by Product
- Radiography( X-Ray)
- Computed Tomography Scans
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scans
- Nuclear Medicine Scans
- Imaging Centers
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- Toshiba Medical System Inc.
- Ziehm Imaging Inc.
- Aribex Corporation
- Varian Medical Systems
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of medical imaging market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in medical imaging market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global medical imaging market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Medical Imaging Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Medical Imaging Market
4. Global Medical Imaging Market by Product
4.1. Radiography( X-Ray)
4.3. Computed Tomography Scans
4.4. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scans
4.5. Nuclear Medicine Scans
5. Global Medical Imaging Market by Product Type
6. Global Medical Imaging Market by End-User
6.2. Imaging Centers
7. Global Medical Imaging Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Medical Imaging Market by Product
7.1.2. North America Medical Imaging Market by Product Type
7.1.3. North America Medical Imaging Market by End-user
7.1.4. North America Medical Imaging Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Medical Imaging Market by Product
7.2.2. Europe Medical Imaging Market by Product Type
7.2.3. Europe Medical Imaging Market by End-user
7.2.4. Europe Medical Imaging Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Medical Imaging Market by Product
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Medical Imaging Market by Product Type
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Medical Imaging Market by End-user
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Medical Imaging Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Medical Imaging Market by Product
7.4.2. RoW Medical Imaging Market by Product Type
7.4.3. RoW Medical Imaging Market by End-user
7.4.4. RoW Medical Imaging Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Ge Healthcare
8.2. Siemens Healthcare
8.3. Shimadzu Corporation
8.4. Koninklijke Philips N.V
8.6. Toshiba Medical System Inc.
8.7. Ziehm Imaging Inc.
8.8. Aribex Corporation
8.9. Varian Medical Systems