1h Free Analyst TimeCompetitor Profile: WePay
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
WePay is a US-based online payment service provider that enables e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, and crowdfunding platforms to accept payments for products and services offered through their websites and mobile apps.
Founded in the US in 2008, it expanded to Canada in 2015 and to the UK in 2016. It was acquired by JPMorgan Chase in October 2017. WePay serves a number of businesses globally, including online merchants, marketplaces, and platforms.
The solution enables clients to accept a wide range of web-based payments through Apple Pay, bank accounts, and payment cards from major scheme providers including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. In addition to payment processing, WePay helps online marketplaces manage payouts between sellers and assists with the onboarding of individual merchants. It also enables merchants to accept in-store payments via mobile point of sale (mPOS) terminals.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution WePay, including -
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
- WePay offers an integrated payment solution designed for e-commerce platforms/marketplaces and crowdfunding websites.
- WePay offers mPOS terminals to merchants in collaboration with ROAM, enabling merchants to accept in-store payments.
- In December 2017, JPMorgan Chase completed the acquisition of WePay.
- In December 2019, WePay partnered with accounts receivable automation platform Invoiced. This allows Invoiced to offer faster invoice payments to its 23,000 clients.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into WePay's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Revenue Model
- WePay Integration Process
- Products & Services
- Significant Events
- Partner Businesses
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Constant Contact
- American Express
- Apple Pay