1h Free Analyst TimeCompetitor Profile: Amex Express Checkout
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Amex Express Checkout is an online payment solution developed by American Express. Launched in 2015, it allows American Express card holders to checkout faster on merchant websites and apps by using stored card details and billing addresses.
To use the service and make payments, American Express card holders need an online account via americanexpress.com containing their card and billing details, a user ID, and a password. At checkout, users select Amex Express Checkout, log in with their user ID and password, choose their preferred card, review the order details, and confirm the payment.
Amex Express Checkout works on all web-enabled devices including desktops, mobile phones, and tablets. In the US it is supported by merchants including Walmart, Airbnb, Boxed, Staples, Sears, Grubhub, Delta Air Lines, Avis, Budget Car Rental, and Ticketmaster.
There are no charges associated with Amex Express Checkout, except for the usual interchange fees charged to merchants. American Express has partnered with payment service providers such as Stripe, Braintree, and Worldpay, enabling easy integration of Amex Express Checkout on merchants’ platforms.
The report provides information and insights into Amex Express Checkout including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key competitors
- Information on its performance
- The company's important events and milestones
- In July 2015, American Express launched Amex Express Checkout for its card holders.
- Amex Express Checkout is a payment solution that stores users’ payment and shipping details to provide faster checkout on partner merchants’ websites and apps.
- Amex Express Checkout is a pass-through payment solution that does not change the nature of payment transactions.
- In October 2019, American Express collaborated with Mastercard, Visa, and Discover to launch an interoperable one-click checkout service at select merchants in the US, with plans for wider availability in 2020.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Amex Express Checkout's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Performance Highlights
- How Does It Work?
- Products & Services
- Significant Events
- Supporting Merchants in the US
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Amex Express Checkout
- American Express
- Visa Checkout