Healthcare Data Analytics and Management help readers disseminate cutting-edge research that delivers insights into the analytic tools, opportunities, novel strategies, techniques and challenges for handling big data, data analytics and management in healthcare. As the rapidly expanding and heterogeneous nature of healthcare data poses challenges for big data analytics, this book targets researchers and bioengineers from areas of machine learning, data mining, data management, and healthcare providers, along with clinical researchers and physicians who are interested in the management and analysis of healthcare data.
- Covers data analysis, management and security concepts and tools in the healthcare domain
- Highlights electronic medical health records and patient information records
- Discusses the different techniques to integrate Big data and Internet-of-Things in healthcare, including machine learning and data mining
- Includes multidisciplinary contributions in relation to healthcare applications and challenges
- Internet of Things, Smart Sensors,and Pervasive Systems: Enabling the Connected and Pervasive Health Care
- Migration of Healthcare Relational Database to NOSQL Cloud Database for Healthcare Analytics and Management
- Developing a Decision Support System for Big Data Analysis and Cost Allocation in National Health Care
- Securing Large Datasets Involving Fast performing Key Bunch Matrix Block Cipher
- Comparative Analysis of Semantic Framework in Healthcare
- Smart Ambulance system using Concept of Big Data and Internet of Things
- Mathematical methods of ECG data analysis
- Smart Information Technology for Universal Health Care
- Handling Uncertainty in IoT Design : An Approach of Statistical Machine Learning with Distributed Second order Optimization
- A reversible and secure Electronic Patient Record (EPR) embedding technique using histogram bin shifting and RC6 encryption
- Secure and Reversible Data Hiding Scheme for Healthcare System using Magic Rectangle and a new Interpolation Technique
Nilanjan Dey received his Ph. D. Degree from Jadavpur University, India, in 2015. He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Technology, Techno India College of Technology, Kolkata, W.B., India. He holds an honorary position of Visiting Scientist at Global Biomedical Technologies Inc., CA, USA and Research Scientist of Laboratory of Applied Mathematical Modeling in Human Physiology, Territorial Organization of- Scientific and Engineering Unions, Bulgaria. Associate Researcher of Laboratoire RIADI, University of Manouba, Tunisia. His research topic is Medical Imaging, Data mining, Machine learning, Computer Aided Diagnosis, Atherosclerosis etc. He is the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IGI Global), US, International Journal of Rough Sets and Data Analysis (IGI Global), US, the International Journal of Synthetic Emotions (IGI Global), US, (Co-EinC) and International Journal of Natural Computing Research (IGI Global), US. Series Editor (Co.) of Advances in Ubiquitous Sensing Applications for Healthcare (AUSAH), Elsevier, Advances in Geospatial Technologies (AGT) Book Series, (IGI Global), US, Executive Editor of International Journal of Image Mining (IJIM), Inderscience, Associated Editor of IEEE Access and International Journal of Information Technology, Springer. He has 20 books and more than 200 research articles in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences. He is the organizing committee member of several international conferences including ITITS, W4C, ICMIR, FICTA, ICICT.
Amira S. Ashour is currently an Assistant Professor and Head of Department-EEC, Faculty of Engineering, Tanta University, Egypt. She has been the Vice Chair of Computer Engineering Department, Computers and Information Technology College, Taif University, KSA for one year from 2015. She has been the vice chair of CS department, CIT college, Taif University, KSA for 5 years. Her research interests are Smart antenna, Direction of arrival estimation, Targets tracking, Image processing, Medical imaging, Machine learning, Signal/image/video processing, Image analysis, Computer vision, and Optimization. She has 6 books and about 70 published journal papers. She is an Editor-in-Chief for the International Journal of Synthetic Emotions (IJSE), IGI Global, US. She is an Associate Editor for the IJRSDA, IGI Global, US as well as the IJACI, IGI Global, US. She is an Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Image Mining (IJIM), Inderscience.
James Fong, Simon
Simon Fong graduated from La Trobe University, Australia, with a 1st Class Honours BEng, Computer Systems degree and a PhD, Computer Science degree in 1993 and 1998 respectively. Simon is now working as an Associate Professor at the Computer and Information Science Department of the University of Macau. He is a co-founder of the Data Analytics and Collaborative Computing Research Group in the Faculty of Science and Technology. Prior to his academic career, Simon took up various managerial and technical posts, such as systems engineer, IT consultant and e-commerce director in Australia and Asia. Dr. Fong has published over 373 international conference and peer-reviewed journal papers, mostly in the areas of data mining, data stream mining, big data analytics, meta-heuristics optimization algorithms, and their applications. He serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Network and Computer Applications of Elsevier, IEEE IT Professional Magazine, and various special issues of SCIE-indexed journals.
Chintan Bhatt is an Assistant Professor of U & P U Patel Department of Computer Engineering at Charotar University of Science And Technology. His PhD is in Computer Science. He has done M.Tech. in Computer Engineering, Dharmsinh Desai University, 2009 - 2011, B.E. in Computer Engineering, Gujarat University (Charotar Institute of Technology), 2005 - 2009. His research interests include Data Mining, Software Engineering, Networking, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Mobile Computing. He received an award on 2015, Paper Publication at International Conference Award and Faculty with Maximum Publication in CSIC Award during CSI Annual Convention, New Delhi. He had organized special sessions on Internet of Things (IoT), CSNT, Gwalior during 4-6 April, 2015 and on Internet of Things (IoT) and big data in IoT , ICTCS, at Udaipur during 14-16 November, 2014. He is an active reviewer in the Wireless Communications, IEEE and Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, as well as Mobile Networks and Applications, Springer. He has several publications in repute journals. He has edited 4 books in IGI Global and Springer and he is currently editing 2books under Elsevier.