This issue of Nanotech TOE covers nanotechnology related innovations for healthcare, water treatment, materials & coatings manufacture, surface protection and battery technologies. Innovations profiled include self-cleaning and protective coating for a wide range of substrates, a protein-based additive that is much lighter and stronger than metal-based ones, a unique fuel additive based on nanoscale cerium oxide, nanotechnology-based controllable and functionalized biosensors, hybrid nanoparticles for anti-reflective coating applications, and nanomaterials that are useful for purification of hazardous waste.
The Nanotech TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights on nanotechnology-related innovations and their impact across various industries. Technology focus areas include nanomaterials, nanocoatings, nanohealthcare, nanomedicine, and nanomanufacturing. The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
Recent Advances in Nanotechnology
- Nanoencapsulation Technology for Targeted Treatment of Tumors
- Resilient Self-healing Nanocoating with Additional Functional Attributes
- High Performance Aeration System to Reduce Off-gassing in Water Treatment
- Biological Additive for Improving Strength of Metals and Composites
- Nanoscale Fuel Additive to Reduce Harmful Environmental Emissions
- Nanomaterial for Fire retardant Applications
- Nanobiosensors for Use in Healthcare Applications
- Hybrid Organic-inorganic Nanoparticles for Coatings
- Nanostructured Vanadium Dioxide-based Anode Materials for Lithium Batteries
- Nano-conjugate Materials for Capturing Arsenic in Aqueous Media
- Key Contacts