This issue of Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE profiles innovations in coating materials and methods for construction, aerospace, and security applications. A metamaterial design for optical solar reflectors (OSRs), a multiple-droplet drop-casting method for fabricating coatings and thin solid films for large-surface area substrates, a technology to create 3D-like images by using 2D printing, a material that can address chimney leakage in the construction industry, and a mold release coating for rubber organic elastomers are covered in this TOE. The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
Table of Contents
1. Innovations in Coating Materials and Methods for Construction, Aerospace, and Security Applications
Recent Innovations in Coatings
- Meta-surface Design for Aerospace Applications
- Multiple-droplet Drop-casting Method for Thin Film Solid Films
- 3D Imaging Via 2D Printing Technology for Security and Authentication Applications
- Flexible Epoxy-urethane Hybrid Coating for Construction Maintenance
- Mold Release Coating for Rubber Organic Elastomer Surfaces