Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) services, as defined in this study, are business internet services that include the following features:
- Business-grade, dedicated internet connections that offer symmetrical upload and download speeds
- Service level agreements from providers that ensure availability and performance guarantees (latency, jitter, packet loss)
- Proactive monitoring of networks and 24x7x365 customer support
- Connections from customer locations directly to provider’s internet router
The aforementioned characteristics differentiate DIA services from broadband services, which are mostly delivered over over-subscribed networks, without performance guarantees. Please note that some broadband services offered in the market are termed business internet services, and offer symmetrical speeds, but they do not come with the same performance guarantees and SLAs as DIA services.
- The research study covers the U.S. market for Dedicated Internet Access services through the period 2017 to 2022.
- Analysis includes market trends analysis, revenue and ports forecasts, and pricing analysis.
- The analysis includes retail (sales to enterprises) and wholesale (sales to carriers, content providers, system integrators, etc.) revenues, and percentage breakouts of revenues by service type.
- Additionally, this study provides market share analysis based on revenues for the U.S. DIA services market only. Revenues considered for this research include revenues recognized by service providers from all types of dedicated Internet access services as described in the preceding paragraph. Business broadband services are excluded from this analysis.
Table of Contents
1. Dedicated Internet Access Services Market Forecasts, 20182. Executive Summary
- Market Definitions
- Research Scope
- Market Drivers and Restraints, U.S., 2017-2022
- Market Trends
- Forecast Assumptions
- Total DIA Services Market Revenue Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Total DIA Services Market-Revenue Percent Forecast by Segment
- Total DIA Services Market Shares, 2017
- Total DIA Services Market: Competitive Environment
- Retail DIA Services Market: Revenue Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Retail DIA Services Market: Ports Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Retail DIA Services Market: Market Shares, 2017
- Retail DIA Services Market-Pricing Trends Discussion
- Wholesale DIA/IP Transit Services Revenue Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Wholesale DIA/IP Transit Services Market: Market Shares, U.S., 2017
- Wholesale DIA/IP Transit Services Market: Pricing Trends
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Market Overview-Table of Acronyms