This "Strategic Imperatives: which trends you need to adapt to in order to succeed in consumer markets", report draws on the expertise of the author's exclusive panel of industry executives to provide the latest thinking about organizations’ views on the future of FMCG industry. Furthermore, the survey focuses on the current and emerging trends that will affect the success of FMCG companies in the future.
The companies involved in the global FMCG industry are focusing on the increased interest consumers have in proactively caring for their health, creating new opportunities for consumer goods companies: Consumers are taking great concern in the ethical and sustainable provenance of ingredients that go into their products. Media coverage of unethical, international supply chains result in consumers going for locally produced products. Consumers look for value from their product which means price is an important factor. Value can be proven through quantity too.
What else does this report show?
- Identifying strategic imperatives in consumer markets
- Recent news and key takeaways around the key strategic imperatives
- Regional and industry differences in key strategic imperatives for FMCG industry
- Case studies for the strategies adopted across the FMCG industry.
- Globally, industry respondents said that Health & Wellness, Easy & Affordable products, and Sustainability & Ethics will have the most impact on company strategy for the longest time
- Companies are thinking about consumer health, with products that work efficiently while emphasizing on their authenticity through sustainability
- Time scarcity is an increasing concern for consumers, which means that they are looking for products that can help them save time
- Health & wellness as well as Online Retail had a high impact in more than one region.
- Helps to understand and analyze the changing dynamics and present sentiments in the FMCG industry
- Helps to identify and highlight the current and emerging trends that will affect the success of FMCG companies
- Helps to identify the strategic imperatives in consumer markets
- Helps to provide the latest thinking about organizations’ views on the future of the FMCG industry.
- Global Strategic Imperatives
- Definitions & Method
- Recommended Actions: Adapting to Strategic Imperatives
- Strategic Imperatives: summary of recommended actions
- Health & Wellness
- Easy & Affordable
- Sustainability & Ethics
- Regional Differences in Strategic Imperatives
- Summary of regional trends
- Trends in North America
- Trends in Europe
- Trends in Asia Pacific
- Industry Differences in Strategic Imperatives
- Summary of trends by industry
- Trends in Food
- Trends in Wines & Spirit
- Trends in Non-alcoholic beverages
- Trends in Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Trends in Beer manufacturers