Taiwan Provience, New Taipei City and Taichung City totaled for around 59% of total Taiwan’s population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 34.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (19.4%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (17.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 4.1%, 3.4% and 3.4% respectively, in 2018.
- As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Taiwan’s infrastructure ranks 15th out of the total 137 nations
- Taiwan Parliament approved TWD 107.05 bn (US$3.5 bn) funds for infrastructure development in 2017
- Majority of inward FDI was towards manufacturing, financial and insurance sectors in 2016
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did You Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Taiwan’s Performance in terms of Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Taiwan Stock Market Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2013-2017) and Greenfield Investment Projects (2013-2016) and FDI Trend by Industry 2016
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 13: Exports of Machinery and Electrical Equipment, US$ billion, 2013-2017
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 20: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Gender Split
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-2016
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Taiwan 2018
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions