The rise in infectious diseases across Europe has led to a growing need for early detection and diagnosis of infectious diseases in the region. Point-of-care testing (POCT) is a vital part of the clinical diagnostics market and is rapidly evolving into the preferred testing mode as rapid infection diagnosis results in lower antibiotic intake, fewer lab tests for patients, and reduced treatment cost. This is cost-effective not just for patients but also for hospitals.
Obtaining the result pf a diagnostic test can take anything between a couple of hours to 3 days, depending on the disease. Rapid diagnosis is crucial for saving lives. New regulations, changing reimbursement laws, and technology advancements are all focusing on making tests accurate, operationally efficient, portable, and easy to use.
POCT is a segment that presents growth opportunities for a cross-section of players, ranging from OEMs to data integrators and technology vendors. The stakeholders need to be abreast of the challenges posed by the industry as well as anticipate new avenues of growth to innovate new business models and capitalize on the transformation that the market is undergoing. It is pertinent to understand key convergences that drive infectious disease POCT sector growth and the technological building blocks that contribute to the future functionality of this market. This study will enable vendors in this space to look at future opportunities in infectious disease POCT industry from application area and technology points of view and also at organic and inorganic means to monetize these opportunities.
The research service provides an overview of the European infectious disease POCT market and provides a 5-year forecast from 2017 to 2022.
Geographic Scope: Western Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland), and Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg).
The study highlights the key drivers and restraints in the market, the European regulatory landscape, current market dynamics, visioning scenarios, business model essentials, and key growth opportunities. The study includes the European market share along with the strategic imperatives for the infectious disease POCT market.
Key Issues Addressed
- What constitutes a complete infectious disease POCT vendor landscape?
- How is the competitive landscape been characterized? Which vendors are dominating the market?
- What are the growth opportunities in the infectious disease diagnostics space that can be leveraged by existing and future POCT participants?
- What are the key market trends in the infectious disease POCT market? How are product offerings in this market likely to emerge? How are transitions across the value chain solving the unmet needs from customers?
- What is the total market size and projected growth of POCT solutions for infectious diseases?
- How are current business models being replaced by innovative approaches to overcome existing challenges? What are the key market trends in the markets?
- What is the regulatory and reimbursement scenario for infectious disease POCT across Western Europe?
- Who are the game changing companies in this market segment?
- What are they key market opportunities that make this an attractive market with significant future revenue potential for companies?
1. Executive Summary - Market Snapshot
- Key Findings
- Scope and Segmentation
- Key Questions Addressed in this Study
- 6 Big Themes for the Infectious Disease POCT Market of the Future
2. Market Overview
- Market Background and Overview
3. Drivers and Restraints
- Key Market Drivers
- Key Market Drivers Explained
- Key Market Restraints
- Key Market Restraints Explained
4. Trends in Infectious Disease POCT
- Key Technology Trends in Infectious Disease POCT
- Key Market Trends Impacting Infectious Disease POCT
- Key Trends and Impact on Business
5. Market Dynamics - Europe
- Market Analysis
- Market Attractiveness for Infectious Disease POCT
- Regional Perspectives for Infectious POCT Market in Europe - Top 6 Countries
- Major Regulatory Developments and Future Implications
- Reimbursement Policies across Europe
- Technology Adoption - Existing POC Tests vs Novel POC Tests
- Regional Initiatives Supporting the Adoption of POCT for Infectious Disease Diagnosis across Europe
6. Revenue Forecast Analysis
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Market Breakdown by Segment
- Market Breakdown by Country
7. Competitive Playbook
- Market Share by Top Competitors
- Key Companies to Watch
- Competitive Environment
- Competitive Factors Assessment
- Competitive Benchmarking - POCT Solution Providers
- Key Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnership Assessment
8. Visioning Scenarios
- Visioning Scenarios for the Infectious Disease POCT Market
- Business Model Essentials for POCT Vendors
- Reimbursement Essentials for POCT Vendors
9. Growth Opportunities
- Top 4 Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Multiplexed Point-of-Care Testing (xPOCT)
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Antimicrobial Resistance and Sepsis
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Host Biomarkers
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Data-driven Digital POCT
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
10. The Last Word
- The Last Word - Three Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Key Facts on the Epidemiology of Sepsis and MRSA in Europe
- List of Exhibits