- Which ULB has the lowest cost per ton of waste management in India?
- What has been the growth in revenue expenditure related to waste management across all ULBs in India?
- What is willingness of residential societies to manage the waste at source and help ULBs create more zero garbage zones?
- How successful has been the PPP structure in the area of solid waste management across ULBs?
- What is the economics of installing composting plant in a residential society?
- What is the current capacity, demand, supply of RDF in India?
- What are the different models under which private sector can partner with ULBs for solid waste management?
- How many crores will be spend by ULBs in capacity creation in the solid waste management area by 2030?
- What are the major WTE capacities that are likely to be announced by ULBs across India?
- What are the technology preferences of commercial set ups like Hotels, Malls, Airports etc?
- What is the overall cost structure of ULBs for urban waste management?
- What is the trend in % allocation for waste management in the overall expenditure allocated for in municipalities in state budget?
- Which all ULBs are likely to invite private sector for waste collection or may be entire lifecycle of waste management?
- Which ULB is the worst performing in waste management?
- What are the regulations governing waste management?
- What will be the demand for earthmoving equipment in waste management?.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Approach & Methodology
3. Solid Waste Management (SWM) Landscape across ULBs, Residential & Commercial Setups a.Size & Scale
b. Typical Waste Profile
d. Value Chain
e. Evolution of waste management
4. Regulation & Policies Governing SWM in India a.Solid Waste Management Rules 2016
b. Municipal Solid Waste Rules, 2000
5. Current State of Municipal Solid Waste Management (MSWM) in India
a. Waste Generation
i. Share of States & UTs in Urban MSW
a. Type of Waste
b. Per Capita Waste Generation
c. Waste Collection
d. Waste Disposal
e. Issues & Challenges
6. Current State of Solid Waste Management in Commercial Institutions
7. Current State of Solid Waste Management in Residential Complexes/Institutions and Waste Segregation at Source
b. Waste Treatment & Disposal i. Methodology & Technology Deployed
c. Typical cost profile - Capex & Opex
8. Waste Disposal Methods Deployed by ULBs
9. Detailed Profiling of Waste Management across 20+ ULB/Municipalities/Nagar Nigams in India; NDMC, MCD, MCGM, SWM, BMC, Luck now MC, PMC, Nagpur, Indore, Jaipur etc.
a. Overall Population
b. Waste Generation & Waste Profile
c. Waste Management
d. Per Capita Waste Generation
e. Waste Collection
i. Collection efficiency
f. Waste Processing & Disposal Methodology
i. % of waste treated & disposed
ii. % waste disposed without treatment in landfill etc.
g. Number of landfill sites
h. Number of processing plants & capacities
i. Issues & Challenges
j. Manpower deployed, infrastructure deployed, technology deployed in
i. Waste Collection
ii. Waste Transportation
iii. Waste Processing & Disposal
10. Trend in Allocation for SWM in Annual Budgets across States
a. Average Expenditure on SWM as part of Total Revenue Expenditure of a Municipality/Municipal Corporations
b. Planned Revenue Expenditure
c. Planned Capital Expenditure
d. Plan vs Actual
e. Budget Financing Sources - Grants etc
11. Benchmarking Cost of SWM across Urban Local Bodies in India
a. Cost structure (by value chain)
i. % of total cost in waste collection
ii. % of total cost in waste transportation
iii. % of total cost in waste processing & disposal
b. Cost structure (by expense heads)
i. Establishment & Salaries Cost
ii. O&M Cost ?Transportation
- Other O&M including consumables
iii. Other Contractual Cost
c. Cost Recovery
i. Fee collected from waste generators like residential complexes, commercial setups etc.
d. Revenue (sales of Refuse derived fuel (RDF), Compost, trade refuse etc.)
e. Overall Cost Per Ton of Waste