The report titled "India Beer Market Overview, 2018-2023" provides deep analysis of the Indian beer market with size in terms of both value and volume of beer market and also provides market share of different segments. The report formed by segregating data from various sources and various time frame. It consists of various historic data and based on current situation of market and key factors provides forecast based on best suitable method. Which could defiantly be helpful in identifying the market segments which are driving growth. The report consists profiles of leading companies and provide market share of their brands which would be helpful in examining market competition as well.
India Beer Market Overview, 2018- 2023
Despite a fall of market in last two years majorly because of government rules and policy changes the market is forecasted to grow with a CAGR of more than 6% in near future. Beer based on brand value and price is generally divided into standard and premium segment. The standard segment has a large market share over premium segment and expects lower growth rate compared to premium segment. With higher purchasing power resulted due to the high economic development of India has resulted in changing preference of Indian consumers. The consumers are observed to be shifting from standard, local and regional brands towards premium brands.The consumption of foreign brand is also observed to be Increasing in Indian beer market. While the growth of craft beer has opened a new segment for many of the players as it is currently consisting of small players.
Major companies that operate into Indian Beer market are United Breweries Limited, Carlsberg India Private Limited, Crown Beer India Private Limited, SABMiller India Limited, Mohan Meakin Limited, Molson Coor Cobra India Private Limited, B9 Beverages Private Limited, Devans Modern Breweries Limited, SOM Distilleries and Breweries Limited.
Objective of the study:
- To present an Indian Overview on Indian Beer industry.
- To analyse and forecast the India Beer market size, in terms of value.
- To analyse and forecast the India Beer market size, in terms of volume.
- To define, classify and forecast Beer market on the basis of segments like standard and premium beer.
- To strategically profile leading players, which are operating in the Beer industry of India
Approach for the Report:
1. The report performed primary as well as secondary research for this study. Initially, a list of manufacturers and suppliers operating in the Beer market of India were sourced through secondary sources. With the identified companies and consumers, primary research was carried out which included conducting online surveys, competitor analysis and exhaustive personal interviews - both face to face as well as telephonic basis, to extract maximum information from participants like industry executives/ distributors or consumers. Primary research gave us an idea of company revenues, export, pricing, geographical presence, channel partner model, USP etc. and also helped us to identify various small players who otherwise have less presence on the web.
2. The report seeks secondary data from third-party sources such as published articles, company websites, magazine articles, associations, trade journals, annual reports, government official websites and other paid database sources. In addition, data is also mined from a host of reports in our repository, as well as a number of paid databases of Indian government. Using both primary and secondary information, the report calculated the market size through a bottom-up approach, where manufacturers’ value sales data for different types of Beer were recorded and subsequently forecasted for the future years.
Scope of the Report:
“India Beer Market overview,2018- 2023” discusses the following aspects of Beer market in India:
- Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market Outlook by Value & Forecast
- Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market Outlook by Volume & Forecast
- Indian Beer Market Outlook by Value, Volume & Forecast
- Indian StandardBeer market by value, by volume, by ASP and forecast
- Indian premium Beer market by value, by volume, by ASP and forecast
1. Executive Summary
2. India Alcoholic Beverages Market Overview
2.1. Market Size
2.1.1. By Value
2.1.2. By Volume
2.1.3. By Average Selling Price
2.2. Market Share
2.2.1. By Region (Alcohol Consumption)
2.2.2. By Demographics
2.2.3. By Distribution Channels
3. Indian Beer Market Overview
3.1. Market Size
3.1.1. By Value
3.1.2. By Volume
3.2. Average Selling Price
3.2.1. By Cases
3.2.2. By Bottle/Can
3.3. Market Share
3.3.1. By Segment (Standard V/s Premium)
3.3.2. By Category (Strong V/s Mild)
3.3.3. By packaging Type
3.3.4. By Region (Beer Consumption)
3.3.5. By Cities
3.3.6. By Sales Channels
3.3.7. By Company
3.3.8. By Brand
3.4. Standard Beer Market Overview
3.4.1. Market Size
126.96.36.199. By Value
188.8.131.52. By Volume
3.4.2. Market Share By Category (Strong /Mild)
3.5. Premium Beer Market Overview
3.5.1. Market Size
184.108.40.206. By Value
220.127.116.11. By Volume
3.5.2. Market Share By Category (Strong/Mild)
3.6. Product Price Variant Analysis
4. Company Profile
4.1. United Breweries Limited
4.2. Carlsberg India Private Limited
4.3. SABMiller India Limited
4.4. Devans Modern Breweries Limited
4.5. SOM Distilleries And Breweries Limited
List Of Figures
Figure 1: India Alcoholic beverages Market – By Value 2011-12 to 2016-17 (In Crores)
Figure 2: India Alcoholic beverages Market Forecast– By Value 2017-18F to 2016-17F (In Crores)
Figure 3: India Alcoholic beverages Market – By Volume 2011-12 to 2016-17 (In Mn Cases)
Figure 4: India Alcoholic beverages Market Forecast– By Volume 2017-18F to 2016-17F (In Mn Cases)
Figure 5: India Alcoholic beverages Market Share – By Region (Alcohol Consumption)
Figure 6: India Alcoholic beverages Market Share – By Demographics
Figure 7: India Alcoholic beverages Market Share – By Distribution Channels 2016-17 & 2022-23F
Figure 8: India Beer Market – By Value 2010-11 to 2016-17 (In Crores)
Figure 9: India Beer Market Forecast– By Value 2017-18F to 2016-17F (In Crores)
Figure 10: India Beer Market – By Volume 2010-11 to 2016-17 (In Mn Cases)
Figure 11: India Beer Market Forecast– By Volume 2017-18F to 2016-17F (In Mn Cases)
Figure 12: India Beet Market – By ASP of Cases 2010-11 to 2022-23F (In Rupees)
Figure 13: India Beet Market – By ASP of Bottle/can 2010-11 to 2022-23F (In Rupees)
Figure 14: India Beer Market Share – By Segment (Standard vs Premium)
Figure 15: India Beer Market Share – By Category (Strong V/s Mild) 2016-17 & 2022-23F
Figure 16: India Beer Market Share – By packaging Type
Figure 17: India Beer Market Share – By Region (Beer Consumption)
Figure 18: India Beer Market Share – By Cities
Figure 19: India Beer Market Share – By Region (Beer Consumption)
Figure 20: India Beer Market Share – By Company
Figure 21: India Beer Market Share – By Brand
Figure 22: India Standard Beer Market – By Value 2010-11 to 2022-23F (In Crores)
Figure 23: India Standard Beer Market – By Volume2010-11 to 2022-23F (In Mn cases)
Figure 24: India Standard Beer Market Share – By Category (Strong V/s Mild)
Figure 25: India Premium Beer Market – By Value 2010-11 to 2022-23F (In Crores)
Figure 26: India Premium Beer Market – By Volume2010-11 to 2022-23F (In Mn cases)
Figure 27: India Premium Beer Market Share – By Category (Strong V/s Mild)
List Of Tables
Table 1: Beer prices in India (May 2018)
Table 2: Key Facts United Breweries Limited
Table 3: Key Facts of Carlsberg India limited
Table 4: Key Facts of SABMiller India limited
Table 5: Key Facts of Devans Modern Breweries Limited
Table 6: Key Facts of SOM Distilleries and Breweries Limited
Beer is slowly becoming a perfect after-work companion for corporate India .
With increasing economic development, the level of anxiety and stress has also been increased in Indian corporate world, People are finding it hard to find work-life balance&are looking for some refreshments in the evening. Beer is observed to be slowly becoming a primary drink for them.
According to the report ‘India Beer Market Overview, 2018-2023’, The Indian Alcoholic beverages market observed the heights market share of Whisky which is followed by brandy &beer. Being third in Indian alcohol beverages market, Indian Beer market has a market share of less than 20%. The Indian Beer market size by volume was more than 240 million cases in year 2010-11 and the consumption of beer is observed to be increasing with growth of mild and craft beers in India. The other major factors leading to growth are the economic development achieved by India resulting whichindeed increased the disposable income which is wisely spent for luxury and leisure, changes in demographics, increasing bar and pub culture, growing women consumption etc.
The rising disposable income of Indian consumers has also led to shifting of consumers from standard beer brands to more expensive premium and foreign brands. People in India are becoming more brand conscious andhave started consuming brand beer rather than some of the local beer and country liquor. While the strong beer consumers are slowly shifting towards mild beers or occasionally consumer mild beers based on availability or for a change of taste. The mild beer market shows high market growth in future. While talking about consumption pattern in India north and east combine contributes less than 40% in Indian beer market. While still most of the beer in Indian beer market is sold in bootless, the sales through cans are expected to rise in near future as they are easy to handle and store. Cans are more stronger, and not break easily compared to the traditional glass bottles.
The Consumption of beer if found to be increasing between the corporate employees of India as they are heavily stressed out whole day and many a times get depressed too. Beer indeed helps them in relaxing and provides the joy of consuming alcohol with a reasonable price compared to other alcoholic beverages. As, beer contains less alcohol by volume (ABV) it doesn’t make people high easily and make them less drunks. This helps the corporate employees to perform their daily routines properly on the next day without any headache.