The report titled "India Rum Market Overview, 2018-2023" provides deep analysis of the Indian Rum market with size in terms of both value and volume of rum market and also provides market share of different segments. The report formed by segregating data from various sources and various time frame. It consists of various historic data and based on current situation of market and key factors provides forecast based on best suitable method which could definitely be helpful in identifying the market segments which are driving growth.
The consumption of Rum in Indian is declining since last few years with growth of other Alcoholic Beverages. The India rum market saw a negative CAGR of 1% from 2011-12 to 2016-17. It is believed that the rum market has not much evolved like the whisky market, the market lacks new variants. While from last few years the category of white rum is emerging. White rum is generally used in Cocktails and with emerging pub and bar culture the consumption of white Rum will be increasing. The market observes negative CAGR only in terms of market size by volume, while in terms of value the market is still growing. The growth in terms of value is primarily due to premiumization. The rising disposable income of Indian consumers has lead consumer to have a better high-quality brand, which results in switching of consumers from regular segment brands to premium brands. The market expects further growth in terms of market size by value in upcoming years.
Major companies that operate into Indian Rum market are Pernod Ricard India Private Limited, United Spirit Limited (Diageo Group), Radico khaitan Limited, Allied Blenders and Distillers Private Limited, Jagatjit Industries Limited, Tilaknagar Industries Limited, Mohan ,Meakin Bacardi India Private Limited, etc.
Objective of the study:
To present an Indian Overview on Indian Rum industry.
To analyse and forecast the India Rum market size, in terms of value.
To analyse and forecast the India Rum market size, in terms of volume.
To define, classify and forecast Rum market on the basis of segments based on By Company, By Brand, By Product Type.
To strategically profile leading players, which are operating in the rum industry of India
Approach for the Report:
1. The researchers performed primary as well as secondary research for this study. Initially, a list of manufacturers and suppliers operating in the rum market of India were sourced through secondary sources. With the identified companies and consumers, primary research was carried out which included conducting online surveys, competitor analysis and exhaustive personal interviews - both face to face as well as telephonic basis, to extract maximum information from participants like industry executives/ distributors or consumers. Primary research gave us an idea of company revenues, export, pricing, geographical presence, channel partner model, USP etc. and also helped us to identify various small players who otherwise have less presence on the web.
2. The report seeks secondary data from third-party sources such as published articles, company websites, magazine articles, associations, trade journals, annual reports, government official websites and other paid database sources. In addition, data is also mined from a host of reports in our repository, as well as a number of paid databases of Indian government. Using both primary and secondary information, Bonafide Research calculated the market size through a bottom-up approach, where manufacturers’ value sales data for different types of Rum were recorded and subsequently forecasted for the future years.
Scope of the Report:
“India Rum Market Overview, 2018- 2023” discusses the following aspects of rum market in India:
- Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market By Value & Forecast
- Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market By Volume & Forecast
- Indian Rum Market By Value, Volume & Forecast
- Indian Regular Rum market By value, By Volume and Forecast
- Indian Premium Rum market By value, By Volume and Forecast
- Indian Rum Market Share By Company, By Brand, By Product Type
1. Executive Summary
2. Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market Outlook
2.1. Market Size
2.1.1. By Value
2.1.2. By Volume
2.1.3. By Average Selling Price
2.2. Market Share
2.2.1. By Region (Alcohol Consumption)
2.2.2. By Demographics
2.2.3. By Distribution Channels
3. India Rum Market Outlook
3.1. Market Size
3.1.1. By Value
3.1.2. By Volume
3.1.3. By ASP
3.2. Market Share
3.2.1. By Company
3.2.2. By Brand
3.2.3. By Product type
3.3. Regular Rum Market
3.3.1. Market Size
126.96.36.199. By Value
188.8.131.52. By Volume
3.4. Premium Rum Market
3.4.1. Market Size
184.108.40.206. By Value
220.127.116.11. By Volume
4. Product Price Variant Analysis
5. Trade Dynamics
6. Company Profile
6.1. United Spirit Limited (Diageo Group)
6.2. Radico khaitan Limited
6.3. Allied Blenders and Distillers Private Limited
6.4. Tilaknagar Industries Limited
6.5. Bacardi India Private Limited
The fading rum market expects some stability with growing popularity of white Rums
The consumption of rum in India is on decline from past few years. The major reason for the decline is not much evolution in India rum market as observed in India whisky market. While growing popularity of white beer and cocktails would a little stabilize the market.
According to the report, the Indian rum market size by volume saw a decline by negative CAGR of around 1% from 2011-12 to 2016-17. The declining consumption is result of less evolution of rum market. The market still lacks variants and the consumer are demanding some thing more, better or different now. The growth of different alcoholic beverages has led to switching of Indian rum consumers to other drinks.
Rum is further segmented as Dark rum, White rums, and others. where the white rum is an old segment and accounts for highest market share in the rum market and is observing high decline in consumption too. Where as White rum is an emerging category and may grow high soon. While the other rums are also gaming popularity. The firms in Indian Rum market are focusing on premiumization and are introducing new brands in their premium segment. The only way for them to survive is to convert their consumer from regular brands to premium brands despite losing some consumers, as premium brands provide better profit margins compared to regular segment brands. The foreign players like Bacardi have only focused on the premium segment by not launching any regular segment brands. Where the market leader Diageo India launched Captain Morgan Original Rum which is apremium variant of the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum sold by them.Premiumization is still take long time, as Indian rum segment has traditionally been a price-sensitive category and the more premium rum gets in terms of pricing the price may come close to other Alcoholic beverages which may reduce the sales. The emerging category of Indian rum market is of white rum. White rumsgenerally have very little flavour aside from a general sweetness. White rums are filtered after aging to remove any colour. The Indian white rum market is observed to be growing with increasing cocktail culture. White rum is growing as a popular ingredient in many of the popular cocktails. With increasing bar and pub culture in India the consumption and popularity of cocktails are rising which would boost the sales of white rum in India and may help to reduce the rate of decreasing rum consumption and hence provide some stability.