The report titled "India Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market Overview, 2018-2023" provides a comprehensive analysis of the Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market market in India. The report offers a complete guide to the size and share of the market at a national level. Along with historic data, it also provides the latest sales data - thus allowing you to identify the market segments driving growth. The report also identifies leading companies and brands, along with examining competition among them. Forecasts through four years demonstrate how the market is set to change in coming years. The researcher employs comprehensive and iterative research methodology focused on minimizing errors in order to provide the most accurate estimates and forecast possible.
Honey market is biggest and oldest market in the country. It had CAGR of more than 12% during review period i.e. 2011-12 to 2022-23. Unorganised players have dominance over organised in honey market in 2016-17. It can be processed or raw which is expected to have ratio nearly 55:45 in 2022-23. In jam category, Kissan brand of HUL has the largest market share followed y Mapro. It is available in various flavours like strawberry, Pineapple, Mix Fruit, mango, orange etc. Chocolate spread is comparatively new market which is effect of westernisation in India. It is expected to growth rate more than 15%. Institutional sales in choco spread dominate the market but retail will grab its market share till forecast period. .
Major players operating in the Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market market of India are Dr. Oetker India Pvt Ltd (Fun Foods), Dabur India Limited, Ferrero India Private Limited (Nutella), Hershey India Private Limited, Hindustan Unilever Ltd (Kissan), Mapro Foods Private Limited, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Scandic Food India Private Limited (Sil)
Objective of the study:
- To present an Indian overview on Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market industry.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market, in terms of value.
- To define, classify and forecast Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market market on the basis of segments like Retail Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market market & Institutional Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market market
- To strategically profile leading players, which are operating in the Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market industry of India
Approach for the Report:
- The researchers performed primary as well as secondary research for this study. Initially, a list of manufacturers and suppliers operating in the Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market of India were sourced through secondary sources. With the identified companies and consumers, primary research was carried out which included conducting online surveys, competitor analysis and exhaustive personal interviews - both face to face as well as telephonic basis, to extract maximum information from participants like industry executives/ distributors or consumers. Primary research gave us an idea of company revenues, export, pricing, geographical presence, channel partner model, USP etc. and also helped us to identify various small players who otherwise have less presence on the web.
- The researcher seeks secondary data from third-party sources such as published articles, company websites, magazine articles, associations, trade journals, annual reports, government official websites and other paid database sources. In addition, data is also mined from a host of reports in our repository, as well as a number of paid databases of Indian government. Using both primary and secondary information, the researchers calculated the market size through a bottom-up approach, where manufacturers’ value sales data for different types of Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) products were recorded and subsequently forecasted for the future years.
Scope of the Report:
“India Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market Overview, 2017-2022'” discusses the following aspects of Sweet Spread (Jam, Honey, Choco) Market in India:
- India Sweet Spread Market Size by Value & Forecast
- India Sweet Retail Spread Market Size by Value & Forecast
- India Sweet Institutional Spread Market Size by Value & Forecast
- India Sweet Spread Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Product Type, By Retail vs. Institutional
- India Honey Market Size by Value & Forecast
- India Honey Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Product Type, By Retail vs. Institutional
- India Jams, Jellies and Preserve Spread Market Size by Value & Forecast
- India Jams, Jellies and Preserve Spread Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Product Type, By Retail vs. Institutional
- India Choco Spread Market Size by Value & Forecast
- India Choco Spread Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Product Type, By Retail vs. Institutional
- Key Vendors in this market space
1. Executive Summary
2. India Spread Market Outlook
2.1. Market Size By Value
2.1.1. Overall Market
2.1.2. Overall Market (By End User)
2.2. Market Share
2.2.1. By Company
2.2.2. By End User
2.2.3. By Product Type
3. India Honey Market Outlook
3.1. Market Size
3.1.1. Overall Market (By Organized vs Unorganized)
3.1.2. Overall Market (By End User)
3.2. Market Share
3.2.1. By Company
3.2.2. By Type
4. India Chocolate Spread Market Outlook
4.1. Market Size
4.1.1. Overall Market
4.2. Market Share
4.2.1. By Company
4.2.2. By Type
5. India Jams, Jellies and Preserves Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size
5.1.1. Overall Market
5.2. Market Share
5.2.1. By Company
5.2.2. By Flavours
6. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
7. Trade Dynamics
8. Company Profiles
8.1. Dr. Oetker India Pvt Ltd
8.2. Dabur India Limited
8.3. Ferrero India Private Limited
8.4. Hershey India Private Limited
8.5. Hindustan Unilever
8.6. Mapro Foods Private Limited
8.7. Patanjali Ayurved Limited
8.8. Scandic Food India Private Limited
Kissan has always been the commonly recognized name in jams independent of rivalry in India
In India, people know only one name i.e. Kissan and its variants since long. Many brands has come and gone, people have not left the Kissan for its jam.
The Kissan brand was begun in 1935, intending to take into account British clients and tastes. The brand was then acquired by the UB group in 1950 and then taken over by Hindustan Unilever in 1993. Throughout the years, the brand has turned out to be synonymous with jams and ketchup, being the go to decision for some Indian families. Now, Kissan makes fruit juices, jams, squashes and other canned foods. The perfect kind of jam honours and celebrates the goodness of fruits. It preserves the taste of ripe and luscious mangoes, moist lychees and plump strawberries when they aren’t in season.
The report 'India Sweet Spread (jam, Honey, Choco) Market Overview, 2018-2023', says that jam market in the country was pegged more than INR 240 crore in the year 2011-12. Apart from jam, it includes honey (row & processed), chocolate spread (plain & nut based) in the report. Among all these three products, chocolate spread has grown with the highest CAGR during review period. It includes companies like Farrero (Nutella), Dr.Oetker (Funfoods), Hershey's, Dukes, Mapro (Mazanna). Except in chocolate spread market, retail sales has dominance over institutional sales in honey and jam market in the year 2016-17. In jam market, there are players like kissan, Mapro, Patanjali, Tops, Mala, Cremica etc. In the honey market, there are co-existence of organised and unorganised players, later having dominance over other. Dabur and Patanjali is the biggest names in honey market commanding more than 85% share.
Kissan has always been focused on their core products namely jam and ketchup. Kissan Jam target kids and the vast majority of their items like squashes, jams and ketchup obliges this group. Kissan jam is available in four variants namely, orange, mixed fruit, pineapple and mango. Through an appealing taste, right fixings and string promoting technique Kissan has been fruitful in associating with consumers strongly. The promotional technique and advertisements of Kissan have always been focused on their top seller Mixed Fruit Jam. The company has always marketed communication which focuses on Trust, natural goodness, health, versatile and sweet taste. Kissan takes a lot of care in the sourcing of their raw material and they have partnered with agriculturists from various parts of the country to ensure that their raw materials are of top quality and fresh. Kissan sources their raw materials through Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Maharashtra where they procure sustainable produce from smallholder farmers, tomato paste processor, Maharashtra government and the agri-input supply companies. This gave them a competitive edge over rivals and also made them independent of import of the raw materials which was the strategy used by the competition.
In the year 2016, it launched three flavours in the range which are the Kissan Strawberry Blast, the Kissan Berry Blast and the Kissan Orange Blast. It claimed that the Strawberry Blast is made with fresh strawberries, the Berry Blast combines black grapes, strawberries and blueberries Meanwhile the Orange Blast is made with real orange peels. The brands have been able to associate itself successfully with Indian sentiments and capture the minds of their target audience which is primarily children. Therefore, kissan was, kissan is and kissan will be the synonym of jams in the country.
- Dr. Oetker India Pvt Ltd
- Dabur India Limited
- Ferrero India Private Limited
- Hershey India Private Limited
- Hindustan Unilever
- Mapro Foods Private Limited
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited
- Scandic Food India Private Limited